Author Topic: HEAVEN at Canowindra  (Read 25288 times)

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
Re: HEAVEN at Canowindra
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2010, 12:57:39 am »
how about,"the song remains the same",bit of led zep,can you dig that riddle ;D, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Evil Rudy

« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2010, 08:33:51 pm »
Didn't someone in Zep die and then they broke up? Bad omen or analogy.

ER

ted

« Reply #92 on: October 08, 2010, 07:40:22 pm »
Dear Mr Rudy,
                    RE : BIG VOTE   Canowindra

Those satanists that be Pre 90 got hammered by 50 something to 9. Subsequently the 7 present anti-christs that voted for a change to the constitution will be impaled by the bike of their choice up to Pre 75 at the AGM at Glenbawn.

Regards

SATAN

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2010, 12:55:59 pm »
 :D @ Ted.

For the sake of the non attendess:

The voting went as Ted said, however there was a lot more support for a change to the constitution than the numbers suggest - basically there was wide-spread concern that the proposed changes would allow the club to be hi-jacked by non-old-bike groups.
Montynut* suggested an alternative wording that seemed a lot more popular but the process of changing the constitution meant that it couldn't be voted on, on the day.

I will not suggest that Montynut's revision would automatically get up, but it definitely had a lot more support than what was actually voted on.

*Montynut has been at pains to make it clear that he doesn't particularly support pre-90 in HEAVEN, so I should point that out here!
His interest is in ensuring that if we make a change, that it doesn't create other issues for the club - essentially: "if we're going to do it, then we should do it right".
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2010, 01:45:04 pm »
Thanks for the update Nathan.

:D @ Ted.

- basically there was wide-spread concern that the proposed changes would allow the club to be hi-jacked by non-old-bike groups.

For what its worth, I agree, that was my primary concern as well. Routine is a proven path to tread. I am always wary of major change. Like many, sometimes the conception and proposal of change needs to be clear and grow on me before I can accept.

Montynut* suggested an alternative wording.

*Montynut has been at pains to make it clear that he doesn't particularly support pre-90 in HEAVEN, so I should point that out here!
His interest is in ensuring that if we make a change, that it doesn't create other issues for the club - essentially: "if we're going to do it, then we should do it right".

I am torn between two loves. My daily endeavours are about redirecting my life and working toward being able to compete in 75 to 85 heaven events until my light goes out, and two nephews who are keen to taste Pre90. I am their chief mechanic. I have limited hours in a day, and also like most a limited budget that will only go so far. Both will suffer, if I try to split them between two venues, and two clubs.

I have spent all morning working on one of their partners TS185, she is very keen and would be a pleasant boost to the ladies membership and racing classes.

Obviously there would be a need for more innovation, if or when PRE 90 is accepted by Heaven.

Perhaps some clever program scheduling that allows for bundy-ed track diversions that would introduce or isolate more or less suitable track features, depending on earlier or latter bike race classes.

No doubt PRE 90 will happen some where, some day in NSW. No doubt it may be seen or considered by some as an opportunity that should be ceased, to boost the strength and ongoing viability of the existing club. Perhaps an opportunity to gain the interest and energy of our young, while the opportunity still exists.

"if we're going to do it, then we should do it right".

Obviously this club is a haven for some with great organizing skills and intelligence, so maybe, maybe one day. If so,,,, I would like to know that Heaven will always cater for early classes that it was founded on. I for one, would like to see that written in blood first.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:05:14 pm by MICK-DE »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2010, 05:57:54 pm »
Totally seperate from the discussion about the club's future direction and it's constitution:

The club is its members - it will support what its members support.
If ANY class lacks support from the members, then that class will struggle to survive.
The collary is if you want to see a class prosper, then its as simple as participating in that class.

There is no intention from ANYONE to kill off older era classes in HEAVEN. Everyone pushing for Pre-90 has older era bikes too!
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

ted

« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2010, 09:15:33 pm »
@ Nathan

Although Monty`s proposal was a good one it has missed the deadline for the AGM this year and in my understanding for it to take effect it would be at least Nov 2011 until it would be considered at the next AGM

I stand to be corrected

montynut

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2010, 10:29:04 pm »
Just to clarify my position for everyone, thankyou Nathan for trying to clearly put my position earlier which was true in all respects. I have not and will not be putting forward any proposal to alter the constitution of Heaven VMX.

As far as I'm concerned all the good bikes where built before 1984 which is when the Montesa identity finally and totally disappeared into the Honda Empire ;D. Some Cota production continued. My interest is twinshocks only.

My motivation for putting forward an alternative to the constitutional change that was under discussion? Well mainly to demonstrate that there may be an alternative to the proposal. Importantly it may achieve the same outcome while allowing the membership to keep better keep control of their clubs direction that is if they decided to make a change. I think that would be a good thing  ;).

Lastly I personally would vote to leave the Constitution as is  ;D.

But this stuff all belongs within the Heaven Club only  :-X
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:35:16 pm by montynut »