Author Topic: husky fork oil capacity  (Read 1802 times)

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
husky fork oil capacity
« on: October 26, 2010, 09:50:37 PM »
Hello all! Does anyone out there know what amount of oil each fork leg on a 510 TE husky 1984 model takes?
I'm pretty new to Husky ownership, the rest of my bikes are British, however I seem to be developing a liking for ABBA and like to peruse IKEA catalogues. Is this normal behaviour for Husky fans????? ;D

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: husky fork oil capacity
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 10:29:36 PM »
It will be the same as the WR Husky's. I use 20W and put about 450ml in each leg. This gives an oil level about 5.5 inches from the top of the fork tube from memory with forks fully collapsed and spring removed. Try adjusting the level to tune the damping.

The white Husky's are fine machines - enjoy!
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »
Thanks PezBERQ for the info. Interestingly enough I measured the oil that I drained out and 500mls came out(and that was after the forks had been leaking for sometime), so the 450mls definitely sounds better to me. Also the forks seem to be ''topping out'' but I thought that was because there was low oil due to the leaks is there anything quirky about these Husky forks to be causing this? ??? ???

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 02:03:18 PM »
Thanks for your response Wasp. I look forward to the outcome of your developments!! Fortunately it is the end of the season for us, although young Brook Lawson will be riding the 510 at the Bridgetown Grass Track but he could ride it with lumps of wood for forks and still go fast!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D