Author Topic: kdx200  (Read 1423 times)

Offline suzuki 400

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
kdx200
« on: September 13, 2010, 12:20:48 am »
can anyone give me a ball park price on what you should pay for a 89 kdx200 without lights speedo blinkers headlight ,owners says good condition runs-translates to heap of cr.p needs tow start from ute hehe ;D,its supposed to start 2nd kick and go good -do these run a coating on the bore ? and ideas would help i can get it for $300 but i don,t need a problem child as i allready have 2 pe's,cr,rm,wr

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: kdx200
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 08:08:16 am »
Yeah, electrofusion bore. Many have had steel sleeves fitted by now.
Power valves are a weak point (the aluminium gears clog with carbon and strip the teeth off).
Clutches are crap by modern standards, as they're grabby and difficult to use smoothly.
Headlights are a bitch to get hold of - if you want one, then you'll probably have to buy some poxy modern aftermarket light.

Assuming its not completely hammered, $300 is a good price. Rough-but-reasonable examples seem to sell for $600~800 on Ebay.

If you don't want it, plese send me the seller's phone number!
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline suzuki 400

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:40:27 pm »
shooting straight down the line thanks for the honest apprasil i will have a look this weekend and pm you if its not for me with photo,s rod

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 11:51:45 pm »
Sweet.
I misread your post too - I was talking about the 86~88 model.
89 clutches aen't too bad (still not great). Everything else holds true, paticularly the PV stuff.

If its an 89, then there's two different models: The rego'able F (trail bike) and the unregisterable E (enduro bike). The E is the better dirt bike, but the F is still pretty good off road. Steel tank. compliance plate and autolube are the most obvious differences.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.