Author Topic: g'day all  (Read 2231 times)

mainline

g'day all
« on: December 29, 2007, 04:20:59 pm »
How's that for an exciting subject line?

I don't know how much people are interested in so I'll keep it brief. I'm in my late 30's, used to race 80's and 125's as a teenager until girls and cars took over. Then practice rode on mx tracks in my late 20's when married and no longer allowed to look at girls.

Now the bug has bitten again and I'm restoring a 1979 YZ125F to go racing with. I'm only 1/4 of the way thru the resto and I'm already thinking of the next bike on my wishlist.

Anyhow, I'm no expert on bike restorations, so I'll probably be asking more questions than answering, but if anyone needs any help from up here in Brisbane with regards to checking out bikes or parts or whatever I'd be happy to help.

Cheers

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
Re: g'day all
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 12:27:16 am »
G'day mainline ,nice choice i'm a yz & ford man myself and just getting back into racing myself it's a lot of fun and anything you need to know you will get the answer here  .one way or another .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

mainline

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 11:30:25 am »
thanks mate,

good to see the "Mainline" reference was picked up. It's another project I've got on the go, hopefully I'll be able to use it to take the bike to the track one day.

Cheers

Doc

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 12:08:24 pm »
Hi Mainline..funny..first image that flashed in my mind when I saw your name was a nice ol' single spinner. Hey I'm a Holden/Chev Suzuki man but if it's manufactured pre 1978 and has an infernal combustion engine then it's of interest to me. I bought one of those nice metalic green and gold Goss Special XB hardtop when I was 18 and to date this was/still is my fav car of all time and heaven forbid..it's was a bloody Ford! Wish I still had it  :'(..I live in Brisbane also (Nundah) and there's a few other members who are pretty yokel too, hope to catch up with you somewhere soon.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 01:23:59 pm »
Hi mate, a Brisso eh? Into Yammies eh? Oh well, we cant all have good taste in machinery.  :D Welcome brother to the fold ,Mainline. Im on the southside . Come and say hello at the track next year, i ride either 90 or 090. I'd be glad to help out if i can.
Cheers,Brad

mainline

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 05:53:45 pm »
thanks guys, i appreciate the welcome.

Unfortunately I'm a real fence sitter when it comes to brand loyalty. I've had three CR's, two RM's, and now I'm onto YZ's. As far as four wheels go, I drive an '51 Holden FX ute to work, while I tinker with the '56 Mainline in the shed. Prior to that there's been two RX7's, an MX5, an 302 XW ute, blah blah blah, you get the picture.

Are you local guys in the QVMX club? Look forward to catching up.

Cheers

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 08:54:38 pm »
Gidday and welcome
          QVMX has a sign on 9-10 th of Feb ....up the North Coast and most of us will be there ,no sheep station racing here  :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:58:19 pm by oldfart »

Doc

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 07:33:43 pm »
no sheep station racing here 

:D says the man who wants to fit an RH top end on his TM  ;)

kiddin'  :P