Author Topic: Dt 175 rear wheel complete  (Read 1067 times)

Ok

Dt 175 rear wheel complete
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:41:41 pm »
I was offered a dt175 wich is missing the back wheel for $100 it is rough and carbs off kickstart has issues.
wondering if anyone has one and what its worth complete with brake Axel the lot before i buy it.
I think it is early 80's
Or is this bike worth buying to part out.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Dt 175 rear wheel complete
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 08:42:53 am »
For $100 you'd buy it for the CDI and the kick-start lever - although the rest of it will be relatively hard to sell if you're trying to make money out of it.

99% sure I've got a rear wheel - definitely have the other bits (brake/axle etc).

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Ok

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 06:13:42 pm »
Yeah i was thinking about taking a risk buying it for my girlfriend to ride rather then fix the valve stem seals in an old yammy ag200 i got her called smokey.
And if it was a lost cause i would part it out to recoop money.
Whats a rear wheel complete with brakes axel etc worth.

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:16:40 pm »
Nathan,
what's the go with the CDI and kick-start lever on this model, are they hard to get or do they suits other more sought after models?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:20:50 pm »
Kick start levers fatigue and break, so if you've got an unbroken one its worth something (bearing in mind that a new genuine one is ~$80).

The CDI ignitions fit almost all of the early Yammie 125/175s. They're external rotor and nothing amazing, but still better than points.

Between the two of them, you wouldn't be expecting to retire to the south of France, but you'd get your $100 back, no problem.

OK, a decent wheel would be worth around $50 or so, in the real world. You may find one cheaper, you may have to pay more for a nice one, but $50 should get you out of trouble.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.