Poll

What Nationals would you ride if they were split?

Pre 78 and earlier only.
48 (48.5%)
Evo and later only.
23 (23.2%)
Probably only the closest event that year
5 (5.1%)
Both. I just can't get enough.
16 (16.2%)
Neither. It's just too damn dangerous....
7 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: What Nationals would you ride if they were split?  (Read 40460 times)

firko

Re: What Nationals would you ride if they were split?
« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2010, 10:21:41 pm »
Quote from: firko on April 16, 2010, 12:09:10 PM
Yep, those old pre '78 classes sure are dead and buried. Buggered if I know why we put up with 'em.
Cant say I agree with that Firko

Alison's correct Mark, I was being a tad sarcastic, I would have thought the little smiley face with the tongue hanging out might have given you some sort of hint ::). I've been the poster child for promoting the pre 75 classes for 24 years, longer than anyone else in this country. Even though certain forces of evil are crying out to all and sundry that the "old dungers" are dead and buried and taking up space at meetings and therefore not allowing room for pre 90 classes, I'll continue to champion the pre 75 movement on this side of the island. The old bikes are far from dead yet.

Don't get in a knot over the Nats split, it ain't going to happen.....yet.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2010, 05:55:50 am »
damn , i thought we got rid of those noisey old dripperrs that are hard to scrutineer! ;D folding footpegs and the like! :P.

you know how you go full circle, bit like are we at the start or is that the finish line, what came first the chicken or the egg.

keep it all together and we will have the biggest championship events that show case our sport, so what if its 4 days long! how cool will it be, but the catch is it must have "priority" over all other events and not the current bullshit dished out by MA, too many prima donnas in the decision making.

keep it VMX for all class's, so what if you have sit around for ya ride, it just gives you more time to think about coming midpack or last.

BRING BACK THE 4 DAY EASTER EVENT AS IT ALLWAYS WAS, no problems then.

Cheers Worms,

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 08, 2010, 10:23:16 am »
Yep HBBC has buggered us up completely as far as our nationals are concerned. AND Ipswich city council is trying to put on something similar at Willowbank at Easter each year as well.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2010, 07:38:26 pm »
No worries Firko.....I know you've been around a little while  ;) You got my Elsinore through scrutineering at Connonadale when it was looking like being knocked back for the GEM reeds..

I thought you may have been thinking along the lines of numbers attending.

Yep HBBC has buggered us up completely as far as our nationals are concerned. AND Ipswich city council is trying to put on something similar at Willowbank at Easter each year as well.

HBBB is the success it is because of the fun factor. No racing and somewhere to ride everything Pre85 a bloke (or bloke-et, sorry ladies) has in the shed. Whether you want to ride or not, you can just hang out and talk about ya bike or cut loop after loop on the enduro or GP circuit. And the swap meet has been getting bigger by the year.

keep it all together and we will have the biggest championship events that show case our sport, so what if its 4 days long!

Cheers Worms,

I hear ya worms, it would truly showcase our sport. to keep all classes together. The biggest problem though is trying to ride a pre75 bike through half metre deep braking and acceleration bumps. Geez its hard on the bike....and the rider. Not that im whinging, I do ride bikes from 75 to modern (hey, i need at least one bike with rego)

Maybe the next promoter might think of a way to please all genre's of bikes. Per78 1st day. Pre90 the next. Screen the track and do it all again. Awesome.

And lets hope that MA and the hosting club will promote, and promote hard. Just as the WA crew did for the 15th bash. Those lot over there know a thing or 2 about hosting an event....any other club could do well to take a leaf out of their book in my view.

I dont think it's right to blame MA alone when NONE of the Victroian  clubs involved TALK to EACHOTHER and work together for the BETTERMENT OF OUR SPORT. Having seperate clubs holding similar events for the same genre' of bikes on the same calendar day is just plain ridiculous if anybody cares to ask me.

Not that anybody is asking!

Cheers
Mark

Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2010, 07:55:58 pm »
With the numbers we have been getting I still think its manageable to have the pre75 in the am and the pre85 in the pm.
With the added bonus of good earth moving crew Saturday night ready for pre75 Sunday am...
Anythings possible with a good crew/committee behind it  :P oh and its probably time we supported who ever it is that takes the job on and enter when the time arrives. ;D
cheers A
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:02:59 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 09, 2010, 05:45:30 am »
ah, " a good earth moving" you say every night, mmmmmmmmmmmm, someone will be knocked-up, I mean buggerd ;D

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2010, 11:48:58 am »
I agree that HBBC is great for hanging out and having a ride if you want without too much pressure to race just as CD is-however it has taken our main time slot-that of easter when we can all travel and have a few days off to race our bikes with like minded folk.
And Alison if the earth moves for you saturday night-good on you- but I don't think we need a commitee to make it happen :D :D