Author Topic: KX 500 BARE FRAME,BOXES OF RUSTY PARTS,WHERE TO START.  (Read 946 times)

Ned

KX 500 BARE FRAME,BOXES OF RUSTY PARTS,WHERE TO START.
« on: August 29, 2010, 10:19:42 am »
G,day everyone,
                      I am still coming to terms with why I would want to get back on a big two banger again,especially when they caused me pain in my 20's and now I am in my 40's,perhaps dimentia has started early.I have always wanted a ride in an F1 -11,but so far the oppertunity hasn't arisen so in my mind a big two banger is the next best thing,it still fly's, just doesn't have wings.
      I came across a 85 KX500 that had been completely stripped about 15 years ago and the guy I bought it off never got round to rebuilding it.He did however buy a lot of new genuine Kawasaki parts around the time that he stripped though which turned out to be a good thing because they are no longer availiable.The bad thing was that over that 15 year period he had several moves which led to a few parts going missing,and others being water damaged.
      Over the last 12 months or so I have been chasing parts all over the world so that I could rebuild it to a genuine KX500B1 but also I have enough parts to exchange with the factory ones that I can still fly (ride) it and not worry about damaging it.I whish I had some spare body parts that I could use cause I reckon I might need some.It would be an insult to the bike if I just take it out and putt around so I hope I still have the B--ls to fly (ride) it the way it was meant to be flown (ridden).Its nearly finished,I will post more pictures soon,cheers Ned. :o

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: KX 500 BARE FRAME,BOXES OF RUSTY PARTS,WHERE TO START.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 07:16:23 pm »
welcome to the forum ned
i have a 85 kx500 as well
they are a great bike i used to race one back then
cheers rusty
follow me to first turn