Author Topic: Machinary auction  (Read 1613 times)

monaro308

Machinary auction
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:32:21 am »
For the big players on this site that might be interested
A certain employer of mine is having an auction of some fine equipment that may be of use.
I just wish i had a bigger shed than a 1 car garage  :'(....oh yeah and the money ;)

http://gm.jwstyles.com/

firko

Re: Machinary auction
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 10:48:16 am »
I don't think I'll bother going to that auction. Being a hopeless tool junky, I've got most of that stuff already. ;D

monaro308

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:54:25 am »
 ;D lol....yeah but you can bid online and become a bigger tool junky.
85 pages of stuff so far and alot unused.......and then where i am we struggle to get a replacement spanner. I can't work it out and the people that have been there for donkeys years say you never will ::)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 11:09:33 am »
I don't think I'll bother going to that auction

me either.
No use looking,he wont even buy me a CCM,so why should I show him a look at the above link.  :'(   ;)   ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 12:32:10 pm »
Another chapter ends in the demise of manufacturing in Australia.  :'(

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 12:37:10 pm »
Well looks like a run up start for the next generation of Tata engines.
 ;D

GM in the process of reducing its Australia operation to assembly of knock down units from the US by any chance.  ;D
formerly Marc.com

monaro308

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 01:49:28 pm »
All this machinary was part of the Family II engine plant.
It is sad to see it go but the truth is what started as the Camira engine and was only going to run for a few years at the start of 1982 has turned out to be a great export engine....over 3 million engines built...
and it was time to move on.
We can only blame ourselves on the rising costs of a lot of things because of wanting higher wages and 10 million RDO's a month (building sector take notice)  :P
BUT....you can't blame the Big companies going OS(china etc) for a cheaper price.
Alot of GM HQ's money is now being spent on safety and fuel effiecent technology eg E85,dedicated LPG,proper Hybrid cars....not the the silly Prius crap idea of a Hybrid!

Next time you or your friends think about this country and how the "good ol' days" were......think about whats in your driveway,because it is most likely to be the second biggest purchase in your lifetime.

Written and spoken by Monaro308 for the Holden and Ford political party ;D

PS marc - Yes and no ....this has been on the cards for a few years now and the plant closed last year,time is right to spend money elsewhere eg C/dore and Cruze future upgrades etc.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:57:01 pm by monaro308 »

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 03:28:49 pm »
Well you can't keep building the Camira engine forever. But not sure I would completely blame Aussie wages, given that the Germans seem to have no problem to sell a BMW or Merc at a profit.

Guess GMH is just past its used by date and needs to either produce a more desirable product they can sell at a premium, or reduce the scope of their business to what they can do a comparitive profit. OR sell to the Chinese and inject some fresh thinking.
formerly Marc.com