Author Topic: allison better be quick  (Read 1005 times)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
allison better be quick
« on: August 25, 2010, 03:56:00 pm »
 FOR SALE
Ad # 3157953 August 24, 2010

Early 1970ish American Eagle/Sprite 250 GMXR roller. Bike is missing fenders, expansion chamber, carb. Fiber glass tank is there and the rare aluminum side panels with the stock air cleaner assembly. Rear wheel still has the talon taper hub, front has been changed, rear has a brand new tire. The motor is complete and will crank over, it is not seized. Shocks, forks, triple trees look stock, front of frame is tweaked and missing rear hoop from to many wheelie crashes. $650.00 or obo. Nice parts bike to finish restoring yours. The neat part for me i actually got to ride this bike as a kid (I'm 52 now)
     Ray Wilson
Tucson, AZ
Phone: (520) 240-2625 | Email

firko

Re: allison better be quick
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 04:15:03 pm »
It's a shitbox. We contacted the bloke and he sent a photo of a total basket case worth about $250 tops. I'm looking for the photo but can't find it at the moment. Because he's had it since new he's sentimental about it and therefore thinks it's worth big dough.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: allison better be quick
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:08:21 pm »
Thanks Paul.
Going for broke now looking for a Starmaker Engine for in the Sprite frame.  :P
Had a good British mechanic staying for the last 4 weeks and have had some work done on the Villier's that's already in it-likely to run now.Its been a great learning curve having oldschool around  :)
Though the chase never ends  :P just gotta out bid Firko's crew  ;)   ;D 
cheers A
Best is in the West !!