Author Topic: Tanunda Nats '94  (Read 6382 times)

firko

Re: Tanunda Nats '94
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 12:37:31 pm »
I don't think Nisse Hedlund had any input into the Albin/Monark/Lito/Husqvarna engine at that stage Hoony. He later developed his own engine basedon the original Monark engine but that was after these bikes life. The history of Monark/Lito Husqvarna is a great yarn and an important part of motocross history that is often overlooked. It's good that something as rare as a Monark will be here in Australia along with (hopefully a sixties Husqvarna 4 stroke). Even though they are made up of mostly replica parts, the replicas themselves are as rare as shit due to the Manx Norton style costs involved. Here's a shot of Per-Arne's own Lito that is an ex works bike with similar history to the Lundin bike that Terry Good now owns.

Below: Here's an extract from Works Bikes.com

A total of 5 Monark/Albin bikes were built at the Varberg factory. These bikes were built for the Monark factory riders to compete in the 500cc World Championships and promote the Monark name throughout the world. No two bikes were the same. There was never any intent to sell these handmade works bikes and none were ever sold to the public. Nor were any replicas of these bikes made by Monark. Today there are many Monarks in circulation and all but the original works bikes that all are accounted for are fake Monark bikes. Most are represented as the real thing and most people have no idea whether they’re real or not. This is also true of Lito’s and early 4-stroke Husqvarnas. Although the Lito 500 was produced for sale (approx. 35 total), Husqvarna never sold a production 4-stroke in the late 50’s or early 60’s. There are many fake Litos and Husqvarnas in circulation from this early era. There has also been several fake 4-stroke Monarks, Litos and Husqvarnas for sale on ebay. If one of these bikes is ever presented to you for sale, it is most likely a fake. It is very rare that one of the original bikes comes on the market. There is nothing wrong with a replica as long as that's how it is represented. Do your homework.                       

Maico31

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 12:43:56 pm »
I can't believe how many awesome works bikes Terry Good has. He obviously has too much cash!! Anyone know what he does for a living?

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 12:52:16 pm »
Fortune 500 commodities broker (dont know what that means exactly, he aint a pool tiler thats for sure!)

All Things 414

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 01:02:07 pm »
I'm glad you raised that point 090 and Maico 31. I was just thinking the other day how life was a breeze money-wise before I got into these money-munchin' old bloody bikes. Why haven't I got 20 works bikes tucked away in the shed?
I reckon we should have a thread for a while to check out what everyone here does for a living. Just to see what a colourfull bunch we really are. I think it'd be interesting.......

Yamaboy

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 01:49:18 pm »
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.imageuploads.net/ims/pic.php%3Fu%3D9052kfkGE%26i%3D103549&imgrefurl=http://www.britbike.com/ubb/noncgi/ultimatebb.php%3F/ubb/get_topic/f/65/t/000024/p/1.html&h=694&w=800&sz=298&hl=en&start=8&tbnid=wJXR1l2_CS1E0M:&tbnh=124&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddick%2Bmann%2Blito%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG
Here's an interesting exchange on the BritBike forum. I presume that PAW is Per Arne Westling. He gives a lot of good history about Monarks and Litos. I find this historical stuff very interesting. It's a welcome release from some of the tedious stuff that often gets a run here.

YSS

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 02:23:04 pm »
I dont know what he is doing now , but I knew him when we raced Sidecars in Europe . In 1985  we both hade the 1000 cc Cosworth Wasps . I think Guy Allen did a story on mine at Monza Park in Ballarat.
I can't believe how many awesome works bikes Terry Good has. He obviously has too much cash!! Anyone know what he does for a living?