Author Topic: yup, another victim  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
yup, another victim
« on: July 31, 2010, 11:03:09 am »
Hello Ladies and Gents,

just joined your fantastic forum AND LOVE IT !  I am looking to find a TM250 to play with.  Been a dirt rider since the '60s with some "black junior" events ridden in the 1970s then seniors late '70s til around 1987. Rode Huskys late 70s to end of 1982 then discovered a full floater Suzuki via a shop support deal, WOW, no more Huskys for me!  So a broken leg and career change late in 83 resulted in a change to the "new" 1985 Kx250, '86 Kx,87 Kx and then marriage, sound familiar???  REturned to riding 1993 and have ridden dirt up to 2000 then loss of one eyes worth of site stopped that for a while,changed to road and now venturing into a little trail riding again and some resto work on a Z900 AND MAYBE a TM250!

Anyways, love your site, good to see some familiar attitudes on here,
regards,
Kt

firko

Re: yup, another victim
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 01:56:49 pm »
Welcome aboard KT...Where are you located? How good a bike do you want? Basket case or a slick, ready to ride unit?

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 03:57:13 pm »
Hey Firko, thanks for the welcome!  I am "looking" at what looks like a fairly rough TM on Ebay but Freakshow says he may have one i might like.  I am into the rebuilding thing but think a better base is easier and cheaper in the long run, i guess what i want is something fairly original that is running/rideable but in need of a re-build, I would look at anything but will try and avoid anything not running or not complete.

I'm in Penrith, NSW.

regards,
Kt.

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 06:04:32 pm »
Welcome KT!
Shame about the Suzi........but at least you have a Z
 ;D

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 06:45:00 pm »
thanks MX, yes, understand completely about TM's and your possible love of old Zs, its strange how we looked at things when 14 years of age!  I rode a TM at a "black" MX meeting at a RAAF base in western Sydney believe it or not, it was SO FAST compared to my YZ80 !!!!  BUT i loved it, got to ride with all the seniors and managed several top 5 finishes (not bad for 14 year old hoodlum on a TM !) and there started the love affair until now 36 years later !  I WILL find one, its time to do things you always wanted to do ay!  The Z900 is a keeper and a "survivor" its not overly pretty but after i finish its current engine re-build it will look original but old and very tidy.

Regards,
Kt

DR

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 05:40:31 pm »
1975 TM250 is classed pre'78 if you wish to race both otherwise much of a muchness ;)

Offline Ktm181

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 10:06:07 am »

Thanks Doc.  Missed one on Ebay last night, bit rough and not too sure about the seller, vague description and vague on the phone, with the descriptions at least, he was probably a good guy but the photos were shite.

Kt

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 09:26:23 pm »
Yep, love my old Z. ;D
Though I tend to ride the mighty XL more at the moment.