Author Topic: Ray Ryan  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
Ray Ryan
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:34:12 pm »
 Well...it is now 6 years since Ray passed...where would we all be without his hard work in the beginning...at the weekend a guy was riding a Hodaka..when it went past I thought of Ray..

firko

Re: Ray Ryan
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 12:57:18 pm »
Shit I miss the bugger....and Barbara. Funny thing Brian, every time I see a Hodaka I think of him too.

hodaka

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 01:39:17 pm »
He was a top bloke in my book .
He wasn't everyones cup of tea ,,,, but he was certainly good to me .

I have three of his best beloved Hodaka's and when l walk around my wider collection every now and then l think that it was his fault that l became re-invigoured and so immersed into vintage bikes and l just love it .   :)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 10:04:08 pm »
From the outside looking in Ray was great I sent a letter asking him if he new about the little 125 Indian I found and he sent a postcard back with a couple of addressers to follow up about 2months late he phoned me because he found the letter on his desk and didn't realise he'd sent the postcard I would see him at the CD events but he always looked busy so I left him alone my loss it would have been good to have a chat with the man that got the VMX mag going. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 03:11:05 pm »
gone but not forgotten,Many a fond memory of him and barbara.It was great when he stayed with us in Nzud, food,cars speedway and interesting to talk to.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 09:30:50 pm »
I think we should all be like Ray Ryan and put our heart and sole into all things VMX........like the new forum....just keepin the dream alive  8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!