Author Topic: The Classic Motorcycle magazine 1985  (Read 1733 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
The Classic Motorcycle magazine 1985
« on: July 27, 2010, 05:22:24 pm »
  I am trying to track down a letter to the editor published in The Classic Motorcycle magazine I think in an issue from early 1985 Jan,Feb,Mar or maybe april regarding problems I was having with the Dot motorcycle factory in England (not sending parts).   The editor Bob Currie gave the Dot factory a serve in the same issue about my problem and my parts turned up shortly after.  I'm puting together a history of this bike and need to find out which issue the article is in so I can purchase a copy for myself and put it with my other info.  I ordered the parts in early 1984 and I have all 12 magazines from that year and its not in any of them so I know it must be in early 1985.
  If anyone has copies of these issues for sale or is able to have a look and let me know which month it is in I will order a copy from the UK.
   The article was signed Zane Currie. Australia.

p.s. A story about this bike will be in the next issue of VMX magazine No43 or No44.

Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: The Classic Motorcycle magazine 1985
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:00:42 pm »
Bad luck FT,
I looked through all of the issues of "The Classic Motorcycle" that I have, and the story isn't in issue Jan or Feb of 1985. Unfortunately I don't have March or April.
btw these magazines are a real eyeopener into the world of motorcycle design - it is surprising how much 'new' technology has been tried and used before. If you see some old copies around make sure you have a look thru them.
Mick McM

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The Classic Motorcycle magazine 1985
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 10:00:55 pm »
Thanks guys I have found and purchased off ebay the complete year of 1985 for 2 pound 50 plus delivery of 14 pound about $30 australian total.  A good price I thought and some good reading as well, hope to have them in the next week or so, thanks again.
                                                                             Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.