Author Topic: Offering transport from Melb to Yass/Canberra/Wollongong in near future.  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Looks like I'll have a bit of space to bring stuff north in the next fortnight or so - am happy to cart stuff around for some money towards petrol.

I should have some space on the trip south, too.

Nathan.
04000 23847
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Offering transport from Melb to Yass/Canberra/Wollongong in near future.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 09:28:20 pm »
This coming Satuday 8-2-11 is looking very likely.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:25:27 pm »
Did they ever pick up that 125 ? is it worht taking it down to Melton ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 09:04:09 am »
Its still at my place.
Not likely that I'll be going to Melb anytime soon.

firko

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 10:28:07 am »
I've been holding off on this post until I can post photos of my new import bikes but I'm having problems getting the photos out of my camera. I recently had my computer overhauled and for some reason my IT guy removed my Canon camera driver. Naturally I've lost the CD that came with the camera and for some reason the driver I downloaded won't work.....So, until I sort it out...no photos. However it'd be amiss of me if I didn't thank those involved in getting these bikes and parts here.
Update: I found the download CD so now the Hindall can be viewed at http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=16911.msg169374#new

On the American end I'd like to thank Mike Middleton for arranging and packing the Triumph 500 engine I purchased from Wayne Sumner in Fresno, California. Then came the late Bob Neilson for selling and packing my Hindall DT1 (and two bikes for Alan Jones), Morris mag wheel for my flat tracker and other cool stuff, The guy (I've forgotten his name unfortunately)whom I bought my MX360 from for supplying way more extras than I paid for. A big thank you goes to a member of Marks Swapmeet named Tom for picking up mine and Jonesy's bikes from Bob Neilson's in Las Vegas and for picking up my Triumph engine from Fresno and storing them at his house in Bakersfield. For the next step in the process I'd like to especially thank Darren Cheney for organising the logistics of picking up my stuff from Tom's place and for picking up my MX360 and delivering them to Long Beach for their sea cruise to Australia.
I also thank Darren for doing me and Alan a favour and organising the shipment to Melbourne and once they got here storing our four bikes and my Triumph engine, wheels and boxes of parts at his house. The next step in the chain was handled by Caps 999 who picked up and delivered my stuff to GMC who stored them until they were picked up by Nathan who then transported them to his home in Yass where Jonsey and I met him and completed the final journey to Casa del Firko.
This has been a far smoother process than the number of people involved might suggest. It's a classic example of the great multi national vintage 'helping hand network' in action. I sincerely thank everybody who had a hand in getting my bikes to me in safe and sound condition.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:05:30 pm by firko »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 11:48:54 am »
Its still at my place.
Not likely that I'll be going to Melb anytime soon.

thought thats what you post said ??? tranport - going south
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 11:51:14 am »
s

should this have read 8-1-11, if so i get it now
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 07:29:02 pm »
Ah - and I thought you were being retarded - but it was my retardation...  :-[

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 09:05:57 pm »
s

should this have read 8-1-11, if so i get it now

Well, some do say that Nathan doesn’t know what day it is ;D

No probs from this depot Firko, happy to help.

I thought it was rather polite of them to drop in and say hello as they were passing by ;D

That Hindall frame did look the goods, very good workmanship from Harry, and the nickel has nicely survived a few decades as well which is a bonus.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 03:50:02 pm »
NAthan i spoke to my bike transport guys and there are shooting for this week, they just have to catch up th queensland runs.  So expect a call or put it were they can see it after dark without waking up the kidlets.

cheers again.   freaky
74 Yamaha  flattracker's