Author Topic: Julia says....."Noice!"  (Read 4841 times)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Julia says....."Noice!"
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 07:39:56 pm »
bike a truely expensive these day  .just ask col moody he.ll tell ya they are too expensive ,or your kidding your self

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:13:39 pm by Bahnsy »
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

monaro308

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 08:55:16 pm »
Nice pick-up Rod  ;)
I was tempted for spares...but the drive to Swan Hill and work put an end to that,also a workmate came from Swan Hill....and as usual when you need them,they up and take off for WA.
cheers..mario

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 10:08:51 pm »
I think the money people are realising on their sales still tends to have that $5K ceiling for a really good bike - but I do see more and more bikes (good ones) being advertised (and sometimes sold) for numbers that 12 months ago we would of scoffed at.  Will it stop - not sure - maybe the next ceiling will be $10K!!!!  But still better value I think that a new modern and also the model to have for a lot lot longer  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 12:42:28 pm »
4 to 5k isn't to much for well restored ready to race bike.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 04:50:13 pm »
does anybody got a english moulton bicycle tucked away in the corner of their shed and don`t need it anymore.

mainline

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 04:53:44 pm »
I was born in england and I have a mouldy bicycle in the shed if it helps?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 03:18:07 pm »
I was going through some parts the other day and found some oil filters for a YZ400/426F ( circ 01 ) and for the life of me i couldnt remember when  was the last time i actually saw 1.

1.  complete.
2. running.
3. not just a frame in the wreckers
4 actually being ridden on a track or loop ?

if thats not the yard stick for losing money i dont know what is.   Talk about modern collectables, i dont think they are made to be anymore, any bike going is worth 2-3K thats it,  its almost as soon as its 5 years old, bang thats the ceiling price for the rest of its life till its too shitty to run.

I doubt we will see ANY of these modern 4 bangers in 10 yrs time, they seem to just be sucked into some void somewhere never to be seen again, and them 2000 era 4 bangers.... poof just disappeared....
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 04:18:52 pm »
As I said in the previous post regarding these bikes on eBay....at first I considered them a bit on the rich side but when I saw the condition of the bikes and figured  that to build a bike of equal quality you'd probably spend a lot more, this is a pretty fair deal. I'll be honest and openly declare that I know a couple of the blokes concerned and I have no hesitation recommending them as up front blokes. Many of you Viccos that have been around VMX for a while will know them as well.

The costs of ready to ride bikes is indeed going up and as it is in most things in life, if you want quality, you have to pay. Sure, you could probably build your own bike for a lot cheaper than what you'll pay for these bikes, that's one of the great things about our past time. I prefer to do it that way but I have the time as I'm retired and possess some trade skills that make it a more feasible option for me. On the other hand many of us are restricted by lack of spare time and often don't have the skills to restore a basket case from scratch. This is where buying a complete, ready to race package shows its real benefits. If it costs you 10k for a new bike that's worth half of that after two years, an 8k vintage bike that grows in value over that same period is a better business proposition from my way of seeing it. Another win/win situation.