Author Topic: 2010 NATS (Side Topic)  (Read 21218 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 NATS (Side Topic)
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2010, 10:23:45 PM »
Bahnsy,
1983 RM500 was Shayne Saliba's mount.
FDR 

Any photos of this bike ??
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Hotelmoto

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2010, 09:19:10 AM »

Fok me,  what a waste of six pages .

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2010, 10:02:45 AM »
l strongly feel that the cut off dates need to be look at again across the board. Its all getting to confusing
Pre 75 should one year later and call it pre 76
pre76 to 1972
 pre72 to 1967,
pre 67 to 1963
pre 63 onwards
pre 80 to 1976 models.
pre 85 to 1980
pre 90 to 85 models
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:09:37 AM by DAVID#46 »

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2010, 09:12:16 PM »
Why do you want to change pre 75 to pre 76? Would that then include XT500? If so, and I believe it may be, it would seriously upset the balance of power (ie. dirt track).As it stands the big 2 strokes are still competative, but throw in the TT's and they will dominate dirt track.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2010, 10:35:23 PM »
yES, the TT would be included.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2010, 08:18:48 PM »
Going back to Worms replies 63 & 66 of 22/4/10 re direct representation to MA for Classic MX :-
In 2000 after alot of questionable decisions ,eligibility wrangles ,attempts to slip rule changes under the radar etc ,a group of us felt a riders representative association would be a good thing.This was not intended as a break from MA ,in fact was an attempt to provide a direct link between the stakeholders [classic mx riders] and the governing body [MA]. Our branch of the sport is outside the mainstream and has unique issues such as bike eras ,rider age etc. and it seemed the current system of state based voting was not working for us.
Hence a group [ the late Ray Ryan ,Ken smith ,Mark Firkin ,Bill Holm,myself & others] formed AUSHMA with Averill Grayson as secretary.
Membership was set at $20.00 p.a.and launched at the first Classic Dirt. It was advertised in VMX [see issue 10 page 72].and promoted through the clubs and at the Nats [Northam , Pt. Pirie etc].We felt to be truly representative we needed a minimum membership of 100 .
After about 18 months of promoting the idea we had 50 members ,to few to be viable ,so returned the money and disbanded.If everyone who promised to join did so, we'd have had well over the 100.
Forward to 2010 - we have major changes [introduction of Pre90 ,a split to enable clubs to run a Nats without dropping classes ,age groups for Evo etc] which have been considered by the Commission ,recommendations minuted and sent to the states for a responce months ago. To my understanding ,as of last Friday ,not one state has responded to MA.
Discussions at the Nats ,CD7,clubs ,and particularly this forum suggests the overwhelming majority agree with the general thrust of the changes ,yet it has bogged down.How many of those expressing opinions on this forum have ensured their clubs ,state committees etc have followed through?

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2010, 10:34:33 PM »
Col - do I have something cocked up here but I believe WA and Vic answered the proposals as highlighted by MA?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2010, 09:56:06 AM »
I could be misinformed but my understanding is those responces were from the two clubs [ and were the basis for the Commissions deliberations together with the original proposal].I believe there were also a few individual contributions.The Commissioners could set us right on this but I understand the process goes through the state historic committees ,then to the state authority [MQ ,MSA etc ],who then send their recommendation to MA. This then is the "state vote."
If it is correct that MA has had no STATE feedback ,it suggests the system is not working.This was apparent to us 10 years ago when we tried to set up a riders rep. association. Apparently "Worms" is finding the same thing.
I attended the Queensland Historic Committee Meeting as a guest to explain my proposal a couple of months ago and I know their approval was included in their minutes,however it seems to have got no further.
In my opinion the concept of one state one vote is flawed due to the extreme differential in classic rider numbers from state to state ,however that is another subject.
Flawed or not the current system does not seem to function.It is four months since the proposal hit MA.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »
I believe that MA and the SCB won't do anything until a club submits for a Nationals event  and then it will be up to the club and SCB to decide.
No one can complain if it goes to somewhere you don't like if you had no input towards the submission in the first place.  :-\   :)

Is this the fellow we need to contact..as well as our State leaders and clubs ?
http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=114
I believe the Position Descriptions the right one.  8)
Ross Martin
Commissions and Comittees Manager
Ross joined MA on 1 September 2003.
Phone: +61 3 9684 0504  |  Email: commissions@ma.org.au  |  Position Description
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2010, 10:47:48 AM »
Good Morning,
The CMX Commission minutes have now been released.

Sent: 2010-05-26 10:46
To:Alison Melvin'
Subject: RE: May Minutes

The Commission may make some recommendations which then go to the State bodies, and motorcyclists generally for comment and possible alterations.

The final decisions will not come until must later in the year.

This is the last email I had in May.
cheers Alison
Time to get off ya butts folks  ;D
foot note:if anyone has a problem or issue with my posting on this matter please contact me directly not MWA/MA or clubs that I am a member of. thanks  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:50:16 AM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!