Author Topic: VMX Gold plated bikes  (Read 6323 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: VMX Gold plated bikes
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 10:52:40 am »
try Cyclone for the most expensive dirt bike in the world, last one sold at auction for USD $520,000, you could gold plate Ivan and the bike for that kind of cash

http://www.statnekov.com/motorcycles/lives12.html

Great read ,thanks- he watched, he learnt and he became a Legend. :-* Beautiful.
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 12:49:00 pm »
Well lookee here :o. It must have been the corrupt photo from www.ivanmauger.com that threw my virus protection into a wobbly. All seems OK now.
you could gold plate Ivan and the bike for that kind of cash
No that wouldn't work Marc, nothing sticks to the old bugger  ;D. There's some doozy stories about Ivan out there that I can't really repeat here. Anyone who ever raced at one of his promotions will have their own Ivan yarns. He's unbelievable. :-X
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:54:24 pm by firko »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 10:40:36 pm »
The gold plated bike is true and the amount of unreal bullshitting Hmmmm have to say the true too :D :D :D :D :D
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 10:56:27 pm »
this is the real story about the gold plater 2v jawa
Gold Plated Speedway Bike
In 1970, two men in the USA named George Wenn and Ray Bokelman said that if Ivan Mauger won three world finals in a row at Wroc?aw (Poland), they would have the winning bike gold plated. Ivan duly won the World Final that year, and true to their promise, the bike was taken to America and Gold plated, and so was born the "Triple Crown Special." The machine currently resides at Christchurch Museum.
jim

211kawasaki

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 03:10:06 pm »
they are all worthless unless you ride them!