Author Topic: Leatte brace, anyone use one  (Read 1644 times)

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Leatte brace, anyone use one
« on: December 22, 2007, 10:37:48 am »
Considering getting one of these might have to offload some stuff to afford it, but after some comments, especially the comfort factor on older bodies.   

Offline geraldo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Leatte brace, anyone use one
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 06:12:34 am »
it might pay to wait for a few months before buying a brace as EVS & alpine star are both due to release similar products & watch the price on the leatt brace come down from their current highway robbery levels then!!
(EVS's due march )

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 12:07:49 pm »
I bought my kids some and they have been using them for about 6 months now they had initial complaints of restricted movement but quickly grew accustomed and now won't ride without one.
They are expensive, but so are knee braces, but there is no use in having good knees, if your stuck in a wheel chair.
I will be investing in one in the new year.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 12:32:58 pm »
SHOULD I HAVE ONE?
Consider that you are laying in a hospital with a neck injury, then ask yourself if you would pay $699 to not be there? The Leatt may not stop all neck injuries, but it mat prevent a more serious injury than one that you may get without it. I wear one and won't go near the track without it. Been waiting 10 years for this technology and wouldn't wait one scond more to get one when it came on the market.

ARE THEY WORTH $399 OR $699?
Who cares. The technology is avalible now. $300 is nothing considering what it is dseigned to do.

ARE THEY EASY TO LIVE/RIDE WITH?
Set up properly i found that it took about 1/2 an hour of riding then i forgot that it was actually there.

IS IT WORTH WAITING A 3~6 MONTHS FOR A CHEAPER UNIT?
Yes - If your not going to ride for 3~6 months.
NO - If you want to keep riding over the next 3~6 months.

Having witnessed the young NZ MX star (sorry forgot his name) become a paraplegic at Wonthaggi a few years back and more recently being very close to the whole Hurricane Holland incident, i wonder if they would have been helped with this technology had it been avaliable at the time they recived their injuries.

PLEASE, PLEASE, don't wait for this technologhy based simply on the $ value.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn