Author Topic: Cost Of a Race Licence !! Less for Vintage  (Read 3823 times)

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Cost Of a Race Licence
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 07:20:09 pm »
oz555ktm - i am with nathan s i like the way you think.
i heard a story about fast 50`s that they thought that it was going to take off and would make a lotsa.tell me why a adult would ride a mini bike.
who about we include all of the vintage and historic disiplines.strength in numbers

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 08:23:29 pm »
Why do you have to buy a national licence ?
If you only race club days can't you just get a club licence, save yourself about $60.

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 08:33:08 pm »
Micks,

i heard a story about fast 50`s that they thought that it was going to take off and would make a lotsa.tell me why a adult would ride a mini bike.

Wonthaggi have agreed to let them run at the Viper event, not sure if I approve, but each to there own, suppose they have to ride somewhere  :-\

Mrs Maico #54
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:39:17 pm by 2 shocks »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 09:34:18 pm »
Let's get back to basics.

Where does MA get money from, and where do they spend it? How do the state bodies fit into that?

Income:
Event permits (remembering that some goes straight to the insurance provider).
Affiliation/capitation fees (I remain happily ignorant of how MA charges clubs to be affiliated with it).
Licence fees.
Track licences.
Grants from various Govenment Departments (eg: Sports Commission).

Expenses:
Insurance.
Operating expenses (office rent, wages, travel costs, printing the MoMS, etc).

Anything else that needs to be added?

Bit that I forgot the first time: Logically, the insurance costs should be included in the event permit fee - this means that everything is 'user pays'. Obviously, if you ride one event/year, you're a lower risk than someone who rides 30 events/year. Similarly, if its proven that there's heaps more insurance claims per rider per event from SX compared to MX, it would mean that an SX endorsed rider could pay for the extra risk at a SX, without having to pay the extra at an MX.

The licences should really only cover the cost of the administration of the licences.

I'd guess that (deliberately or otherwise), certain disciplines subsidise other disciplines and charging a representative insurance cost to a particular type of event would upset a lot of people. I also suspect that MA is not actually equipped to work out how to divide the insurance cost pie accurately and fairly.

The final point, is what does MA insurance actually cover? I know that most people who are injured at an event are underwhelmed by what they recieve, and my gut feeling is that the insurance is more about third party property damage and covering MA/MA officials.

Its not insurance it's mostly because MA is not fiscally responsible.
A CAMS license with simular risks in normally a quater of MA price.

This is not quite true - and the implication that MA is less fiscally responsible than CAMS is very untrue.
For all their sins, MA is a shining light of good governence compared to CAMS.

Oh, and while we're all MA bashing, these guys have made HUGE inroads into CAMS' market share: http://australianautosportalliance.com/aasa/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
They've done this by addressing the needs of the punters, and minimising the red tape (remembering that CAMS is far worse than MA). And despite the fear-mongering, they offer insurance that is as good as what CAMS offers (according to people who know about these things, which isn't me).
Anyhow, the point is that I've heard that they are/will soon be sanctioning motorcycle events - so if you're really annoyed with MA, then there is light on the horizon.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:23:26 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 10:09:20 pm »
i think they are already cover some road race event possibly formula extreme` terry o`neil or james spence???