Author Topic: Inner rotor Kit  (Read 14533 times)

Stewy138

Re: Inner rotor Kit
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 10:12:17 pm »
I bought a Clymer manual for Suzuki singles from ebay - 0.99c and was having a look through it today and bugger me at the end in the performance section it says to replace heavy flywheels with an inner rotor for motorcross applications  8).  So maybe may mate wasnt such a fool after all ! 

Offline ss2fly

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 02:18:32 pm »
Hey Firko, does that inner rotor kit you provided the link for above have charging / lighting capability?
WANTED : TM125 EXHAUST, ANY CONDITION!!!
WANTED : YAMAHA YZ250J ANY CONDITION!!!

firko

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 03:46:05 pm »
No but there is one available I believe.

Offline ss2fly

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 04:56:44 pm »
really?? got a link to one by chance??....... I cant find one.... that in itself is not unusual..... ;)
WANTED : TM125 EXHAUST, ANY CONDITION!!!
WANTED : YAMAHA YZ250J ANY CONDITION!!!

Offline ji107

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 07:28:30 pm »
Its been a while since the last post regarding these inner rotor 4st ignitions.
Has anyone finnished fitting theirs up, how did it go?
Will they work turning clockwise or anticlockwise?
how about on a bigger capacity engine-400ish?

Offline ji107

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 10:31:24 pm »
thanks for the sellers info, but also need answers to my other questions

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 01:36:58 am »
thanks for the sellers info, but also need answers to my other questions

ji107 Not sure if this is what you are after, but its a 4 stroke thingee majiggee on a gogo mobile  ;D
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=6503.15
cheers  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline ji107

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 04:19:25 pm »
Thanks 247, thats more to the point. I've ordered one so I will see how it goes etc.
I want it to use on a Aermacchi 370cc running at 13.5 CR. These engines run backwards compared to a Jap 4st

Cheers
ji

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 09:42:16 pm »
If I where you firko I'd take it a litte easy on the jumps with the chinese footpegs. I used to have a china pitbike, one of the better quality I've seen. On the first day I bendt the footpegbracket down, when I beefed up the bracket the footpegs broke right off. It was the casted steel type. The ramp wasn't that big anyway.... But mabe I'm heavyer than you??

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 11:14:53 pm »
i got 3 coming  ;D,1 for customers XR80,(threw a drive chain,pushed trigger coil  into flywheel,ouch),1 for spares,& see what else i can fit the 3rd to,20% off shipping for 3 too,(generous ::)), :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 11:43:52 pm »
i got 3 coming  ;D,1 for customers XR80,(threw a drive chain,pushed trigger coil  into flywheel,ouch),1 for spares,& see what else i can fit the 3rd to,20% off shipping for 3 too,(generous ::)), :P

A word of warning,be very gentle with the fine wires inside-explicit language could be expressed.  ;D
Best is in the West !!

Stewy138

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010, 10:14:12 pm »
Yeah anyway just for the record I gave the Chinese kit the arse after experiencing the aforementioned "fine wire" problem.  That one was preceded by the "machining the crappy backing plate to almost fit" problem.  Then came the "fixing the shitty mounting posts" problem, the "lack of timing adjustment" problem and the "poor spark" problem.  The final hurdle was the "how do I make this thing work again after smashing it with a (non chinese-made) hammer" problem.

So now I'm running a combo of TM125 and RM125 cdi, rotor and stator and for not much more cost than the chinese kit. It fits well, produces a great spark, the engine spins up much better (compared to flywheel) and I can go up 30 sizes on the main jet (not sure why exactly).  And I can remove the magneto cover without seeing trashy pink anodizing. Or hammer marks.

Stewy.