Author Topic: Tom White Museum  (Read 1968 times)

SAABCOMBI

Tom White Museum
« on: July 16, 2010, 09:17:26 am »
Well l got an email this morning from Tom White saying that the Dot arrived safe and in one peice and he is very Happy, and his friend Bill West will be restoring it further, and it will go on show in the museum soon enoght for all to enjoy his collection. One day l would like to have to opportunity to visit his museum only one could amagine how good it would be.Tom will send me some pho[to`s of the finished product and l will share them with you all.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:52:20 am by DAVID#46 »

SAABCOMBI

Re: Tom White Museum
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 09:27:38 am »

All Things 414

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 10:02:04 am »
Well done Dave. Good to see it went to a very good home (despite the hard time we all give you about all the bikes you sell!) ;)

firko

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 11:30:10 am »
Well l got an email this morning from Tom White saying that the Dot arrived safe and in one peice and he is very Happy, and his friend Bill West will be restoring it further,
I must agree with my chum Ross that the DOT has indeed gone to a great home. I doubt that the little bike will be going anywhere else in the foreseeable future. Billy West is a really nice bloke and one of the better restorers in the business. He once worked for my old pal Rick Doughty and I got to know him very well during my stay in Fresno in '99. His house was a shrine to OSSAs with beautifully restored bikes of every mode in every room throughout the inside of his house.He loves the bloody things with a passion. Even though you did a damn fine job on the DOT yourself, Billy will make it as good as a DOT can ever be. He's really that good.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 06:01:14 pm »
Thanks fellows, l  am happy that museum has got it too too, Mark, Bill will do a great job on it, all it needs now is the frame and wheels. l can`t wait to see it when finished.