Author Topic: Hindall T100  (Read 1478 times)

mx250

Hindall T100
« on: April 23, 2010, 02:29:00 pm »
"Q:     Nice bike, but unless it's made out of beryllium or titanium (and it's not), there's no way it's 10 lbs. lighter than a Rickman.    Apr-21-10
A:     Per DIRT BIKE 1972: The Metisse frame weighs 27 pounds bare;Hindall's barely hits 21 pounds complete with swingarm, footpegs, and brake lever. This is a weight savings where few thought it would be possible. Hindall brazes all of his joints and has never yet had a report of frame breakage. I hope this answers your question, this was posted on dirtbike.off-road.com 11-15-2009 So it looks like the frame may be more than 10 lbs. lighter?? And YES it is a nice bike."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320520754816&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

firko

Re: Hindall T100
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 03:17:15 pm »
The Hindalls seller is the bloke I bought my Boyd and Stelling from and the original owner of Ray Sutherlands Cheney TM400, 'Vegas Bob' Neilson and it's one of the best Hindalls around. Bob also owns Harry Hindalls mega trick personal 650 Hindall that comes in at just over 200lbs by extensive use of Titanium, magnesium and lateral thinking.
Are Hindalls light?....You better believe it. Are they well built? If compared to a Cheney or Rickman the workmanship is infinitely better. I've got two Hindalls and anyone who's seen and felt my Ducati version will know just how light and well made these gizmos are. I would have bought this from Bob if I wasn't so overburdened with projects and underburdened with cash right now. It's the real deal and worth every penny of the 7.5k reserve.
I suspect he's raising some cash to pay for his recently aquired Trackmaster Harley tracker.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 05:53:20 pm »
The Rickman frame doesn't strike me as being particularly light, so I am not that surprised that it could be improved on. The Rickmans probably erred on the side of the Rickman frame being bomb proof enough to last a GP season, and of course being semi productionised probably doesn't help.

Hindall looks like a very sweet thing, like the adjustable shock positions, frame bracing, looks right and bet it goes right.  ;D

formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 06:56:56 am »
never met its reserve, shame as it is worth every $$$
formerly Marc.com