Author Topic: Eddie Warren  (Read 2097 times)

firko

Eddie Warren
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:42:22 am »
Does anybody have any idea where American born racer Eddie Warren is and what he is up to? I've been told he still lives here in Australia, somebody told me they'd heard he had something to do with the fishing industry. He had an undercover ride of the ex Graeme Smythe SR400 Kawasaki at an early Amaroo Park vintage meeting, when he was still riding for Kawasaki and really enjoyed it. I'd like to do a little interview with him and perhaps try and tempt him to have a bit of a burn up at CD7 or even the next Nats.......the first thing however is to find him. Any clues?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Eddie Warren
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 01:25:05 pm »
He's living in country NSW Firko, a friend of mine talks to him occasionally.
He was at the Brisbane SuperX last year and a  couple of mates caught up with him. I'll see if i can get a contact number.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:03:57 pm »
If anyone has contact with Peter Marmont (Jay & Ryan's dad), he might be able to help. Eddie and Peter were mates way back when.

I'm 99% sure that Marmont sold his business several years ago, so I've got NFI how you'd contact him nowdays, but maybe someone here knows him?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Evil Rudy

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:32:06 pm »
It was years ago, but last I heard of him he was in or arround the Gong working and or having something to do with Trevor Jordan MC. Try calling them?

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 12:04:17 pm »
Hey Firko,

Did you get hold of Eddie Warren? If not I can help, via one of his old sponsors that is still in touch with him.

firko

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 12:33:52 pm »
No, Scott, I got sidetracked with other stuff but must get onto it. I'd like to see him at CD7 but that might be a stretch. Wouldn't it be cool to see him take on Burty, Glenn Bell and other quickies at the Nats?
Speaking of CD7...are you coming up seeing that the evil twins woosing out? Plenty of bikes to fondle and ride in Kamp Kevlar.

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 03:22:48 pm »
Highly unlikely at this stage Mark.  :(

Still I will see what happens when we get a bit closer.  Thanks for the invitation to KK, I have always wanted to take Bernies Maico for a spin (amongst other KK treasures) since we first met up at the Broadford GP!!!! Speaking of which I might take my young sons up there on Sunday for some more Motocross indoctrination! More petrol and dirt for my men!

I will get onto the contact for Eddie for you.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 07:59:27 pm »
Firko i've got Eddie's number.. I'll send you a pm.