Author Topic: RM80 (1983/84?) for sale  (Read 1205 times)

tzeggy14

RM80 (1983/84?) for sale
« on: April 07, 2010, 08:12:50 am »
Early 80s Suzuki RM80 for sale.
(I'm not 100% sure of the model, I think it's either a 1983 or 1984 model.) We have hardly used it since we bought it about 6 months ago. I had intended to use it to get my 10 year old son used to using a clutch but it's WAY too much bike for a learner in my opinion. I bought him a 4 stroke to learn on so this one has to go.

Mechanically it's great, runs really well, starts easily etc. (See YouTube video) Clutch plates stick a bit if the bike has sat for a long time, but this could be due to it needing thinner gearbox oil. They are easily freed (when cold) by putting the bike in gear, pulling the clutch in and kicking the lever a few times. Once warmed up they don't stick at all. (Maybe the clutch basket is grooved and needs dressing with a file? Clutch action is perfect when running anyway.)

Near new chain and sprockets. They have literally done about 20-30 minutes, maximum. Tyres are pretty worn. I have re-bushed the entire back end recently. The shock was recently serviced too (dismantle, clean out, re-assemble, replace oil and re-gas with nitrogen.)
Cosmetically it's a bit sad, the plastics are pretty RS and were painted by the previous owner. Fuel cap is split and held together by a hose clamp. I never got around to buying a new one. The front number plate is made from MDF.

Comes with a spare rear wheel and both the big and small wheel versions of the Owners Manual.

To view a bit of a video of the bike go to YouTube and type in (exactly) this:    RM80_for_sale_shlarba

Click here to view eBay ad for the bike: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300414851979&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:18:10 am by tzeggy14 »