Author Topic: Sydney PE175 Member Introduction  (Read 997 times)

Sonny

Sydney PE175 Member Introduction
« on: March 21, 2010, 12:05:50 pm »
G’day VMX people, I’m a long time lurker, first time poster.
I am not new to bikes, having grown up on dirt bikes and about the vintage that we ‘here’ now spruce on and dream about. Then at the license age I switched to the road scene, some touring, bike rallies, and a bit of production racing in my teen years on an RZ250.
Currently license-less for another couple of weeks, it’s nearing the end of a 9mth suspension from riding my BMW boxer too fast.
Why am I here? Well my two boys and I bought a 1980 PE175 off EBay to do up and I have now developed a bug for it. I want to ride the damn thing. The boys want to ride it too. Not so many places around my area of Epping, Sydney.  I’m also keen to do a Vinduro with like minded, warped minds like myself and to enjoy riding this bike for what it was built for.
So where do the Sydneysiders ride their vinduro bikes and what is the current state and future of Vinduro in NSW?

Here's a pic below(if it works), I have a new seat cover on now and as the boys will say,
'it's never finished'.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:08:09 pm by Sonny »

maicoman

Re: Sydney PE175 Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 08:03:13 am »
Great job Sonny, glad to see the bike go to a good home. Nothing like a bike rebuild to bring the boys together, I bet they are rapped. Currently I'm getting my PE400 ready to take to Classic Dirt7 in June, hope to get some pics up soon.
 Cheers Adam, Maicoman.

Sonny

Re: Sydney PE175 Member Introduction
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 06:22:06 pm »
Thanks Adam, and thanks to the other guys who PM'd me about rides. I still need to make sure the PE is going right, as mentioned I can't do much more than just start it where I am living. I also need to get some dirt riding gear. Toe sliders just aren't going to cut it.
It is great to see there are friendly people who share the passion of old bikes and are there to ride with. I'll be ready soon enough.
Here is a pic from today;

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:11:09 pm by Sonny »