Author Topic: Viper DVD  (Read 4488 times)

magoo

Viper DVD
« on: November 15, 2007, 06:31:07 pm »
I've just had the pleasure of watching the 2007 VIPER DVD and how good was it. Brilliant. A few questions have come out of it that I need answers though.

1: Did Hoony ever get the big beast started?
2: Does the sun ever shine in Victoria?
3 :Why does that clown #30 wear white in the mud?
4: Who finished in front at Barrabool between Mike Downeys 360 Mugen and the Kwaka?
5: Why did the ugliest bloke in Victoria (Australia) host the video?

If anyone does the Vintage thing in Australia better than VIPER I'd like to know about it. Congratulations boys, you've really set the bar high.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Viper DVD
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 07:16:46 pm »
Yeah it was a top effort that Macca did hey Magoo, he spent the whole season filming and didn't even ride a round. the humour shown is typical of these blokes at each round its very social, very much like it was back in the day.

i can answer the first question, yes i did get it started after a lot of kicks and when macca come up i was forked and sweating (it was very cold that morning too about 2C). it made good video but in actual fact i got it going after pulling the plug out and giving it a direct squirt down the pot with "start ya Bastard" it then fired 2nd kick. its always been a right prick to start first up on a cold morning after that its 1st or 2nd every time.

I'll get that kilt wearing haggis munching scottish prick later.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:19:55 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

squirtmoto

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 10:17:18 pm »
Hi Magoose,
Send me a copy of it, and yes I have your others in the mail today, I enclosed a copy of the QVMX 2007
in review its mainly stills but has the TV news feature from the Conondale Classic and also stars Will and his famous holeshot proceedure.
Big Bill.

magoo

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 06:04:06 am »
No worries Billy, done.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:26:43 am »
I had a look at it last night awesome very well done to Macca & the boys .Racing Viper was exactly as they presented on the Video. Plenty of great people in the paddock and fast racers on the track . The video was that good that my missus came in the loungeroom to say goodnight and stayed and watched the last 1/2 hour . I cant wait till next season now i'm just gonna get my YZ's all shiny and ready to go .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 09:50:15 am »
Ok how do i get a copy of the Viper dvd ? I am craving videos of old bikes, i have literally worn out the local video stores copy of on any sunday...
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 12:59:38 pm »
the VIPER committee were selling them off At $20 to each viper rider each as a fund raiser for the next season. you can approach the viper committee on [email protected] and see what they say.

it was a limited run of copies at first.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

magoo

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 01:52:23 pm »
Maybe Macca Spielberg will need to do a re print.

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 10:09:52 pm »
The dvd is fantastic Macca should get a medal for all the blood,sweat and tears that he went through.Many phone calls and late nights and computer problems .For a first time efort he did a shit hot job.Copys can be ordered from macca .He has just asked me to do another 10 or so as they seem to be in hot demand. I would ask people not to copy them as we are trying to use them as a VIPER fundraiser and for 20 bucks its great value.

Andy VIPER #70
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 10:18:04 pm by marshallmech »
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Mark Austin

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 10:26:19 pm »
Hi Andy,
I'll have one once you have them done.
Cheers,
Mark.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 07:32:47 am »
just to let everyone know that the VIPER DVD was a joint effort By Macca (VIPER #35) & Andy Marshall (VIPER #70) they both did the hard yards on this one. so if they are doing more to raise funds
do the right thing and get your copy from Macca directly.
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 12:05:09 pm »
How long is the DVD? Does it cover all of the 2007 rounds? Most importantly, does anyone know if copies are still available?!

Tex

Rosco400

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 12:41:20 pm »
I ordered one out of curiosity just to see how fast the mexicans ride :D (tongue in cheek lads, tongue in cheek) still haven't received but that was the start of this week

Heres the reply i got emailed from Viper the other day

No problem Ross, just go to our web site www.vipermx.com and go to presentation night/dvd and fill out order form and I will post you one,
Macca #35

Rosco400

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2007, 08:09:31 pm »
Got the dvd and watched last night, you viper boys are a very funny bunch ::), two hours to kickstart Honda without a sweat, dont know if it actually started yet,comedians in/at/behind every interview, think even seen a pomeranian 414 montesa holeshot a race, four rounds, miserable weather, icy conditions, mud, howling wind but everyone smiling having a good time,looks like it was fun year on reasonably vintage friendly tracks. Good effort from Macca Productions for a first up attempt, and to think I thought it was just going to be a movie about blokes sitting around in sombraros drinking tequila, very pleasantly surprised :o

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 11:17:10 pm »
 Me too Rosco, Macca's passion and love of the sport is all over it, and all the riders are way into it as well, huge effort by Macca on behalf of his club, hopefully sales were lucrative enough to shout poor old Hoony a new spark plug ! Thanks Macca, and congrats Viper club.  ;D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....