Author Topic: YZ250J/250K Interchangeability  (Read 1455 times)

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
YZ250J/250K Interchangeability
« on: April 23, 2010, 01:32:11 pm »
Are the side covers on the YZ250J/250K Interchangeable? I realise they are different part numbers, but often the R/H Cover comes up as a match between the two models, any-one had experience with the two or own one of each to check for me please.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: YZ250J/250K Interchangeability
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 04:17:17 pm »
The RHS plastic side covers are different - the lower rear mounting hole is slightly moved between the two models. It wouldn't take a brain surgeon to make it work.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 09:58:27 pm »
Thanks Nathan, I thought you might know the answer to this one. Maybe it would be something worth looking into if I can shift the mounting wthout fouling on anything else. Does the contour of the top edge where the seat fits match OK?
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 12:18:34 pm »
Thanks Nathan, I thought you might know the answer to this one. Maybe it would be something worth looking into if I can shift the mounting wthout fouling on anything else. Does the contour of the top edge where the seat fits match OK?

Yes, they fit fine otherwise.
I sold my K before doing it, but I had figured on a short length of 6mm thick aluminium strip with a couple of holes drilled in it would solve the mis-matched hole issue.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

juzze

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 06:08:29 pm »
yere the bottom hole lined up and as nathan said i made up a alluminium bracket to make it work.