Author Topic: "Them"  (Read 983 times)

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
"Them"
« on: March 12, 2010, 10:56:57 pm »
This is something I sent to our club president and he sent it out to all our members.
I'm sure a LOT of people on this site can identify with it.
I'm waiting for the members reactions........................

Them, and who are they?

You all know who they are, they are the ones who can’t do anything right.
They are the ones who set out your MX tracks and just can’t get them right at all. They can’t organise a meeting or the people to run it. You know how it is, the tracks too tight/too open, too fast/too slow, the berms aren’t right there’s no jumps or they’re the wrong shape.
It’s too dusty or it’s too wet and slippery.

They are starting late and there’s no flaggies and no officials and “they” should do something about it!
Let me tell you a few things about “them” They are the ones who give up their time and quite often an entire Saturday and spend the day in the sun setting out an event for you to ride. Unless you've been involved in running an event you have no idea of the time involved, some of these people have put 50-60 hours of their private time into organising things.

Some of "them" ride and some don’t but they are there all the same. “They” change over time as new faces arrive and some drift away but there’s never very many of them.

The next time you feel like complaining about how things were at a meeting try this:
Sit down, shut up and think about what YOU ARE GOING TO DO about fixing the problem. Don’t sit there and complain to your mates and any one else who will listen, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Remember, while you were complaining about things, there were people who spent their Saturday setting up so YOU could race. There were people who spent their Sunday evening cleaning and packing up so YOU could race.
What were you doing to help??????????

“They” are the Darwin Motorcycle club. The club is not there to benefit a few. Every one is expected to do their share and help. Obviously some can do more than others.

When you complain that “they” didn’t do enough, you’re really complaining about yourselves.  “They” might not have done enough but you did NOTHING!

If you really want your event to be better then get in touch with the president or one of the committee and ask what you can do. If more people got involved with setting up it would only mean a few hours work each on a Saturday and Sunday evening and it would all be done.
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: "Them"
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 11:21:26 pm »
Missed the point again ! How many clubs can afford to buy their own land ?
What Brent's saying is, if all the people who ask "why can't the club do this ?", and "why can't someone in the club do that ?" actually got off their clackers and helped out by getting on the club committee and doing what they wish could be done, there wouldn't be anywhere near such a problem... ::)
Surely you remember that from all your years wasting time with clubs and commitees.... ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: "Them"
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 11:46:42 pm »
It is interesting to watch the people who have sniped and had a crack at the "THEMS" over time, a belief that they don't think that what is being orchestrated is not in the best interests of the sport/club/organisation, become one themselves. They have a belief that they can do it better (and perhaps can) then realise that being a "THEM" is a tough gig and perhaps the individuals before them didn’t do such a bad job after all.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn