Author Topic: Re-Anodized Swing Arm  (Read 2826 times)

Power Stand

Re-Anodized Swing Arm
« on: January 31, 2010, 02:50:24 am »
Had the swing arm re-anodized. I am rather happy with the satin finish, I didn’t wont a polished look but original and I had the decals made. I drafted decals in CAD and Perth Street Bike Member Black FZR WTFracing made the decals. Top Job thanks Tim.

Used this mob for anodizing
http://www.aaep.com.au/

oldfart

Re: Re-Anodized Swing Arm
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 08:06:33 am »
P stand , I'm impressed. Looks better than new, normaly when they anodize arms the welds end up a different colour unless they know what they are doing hence you have gone for a satin look .

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:52:53 am »
Looks great. What was the process up to the anodising ? Do you polish it up and then the anodising brings it back to the factory look or do you dull it off somehow?

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 10:06:09 am »
Looks great what was the cost and what sort of prep did you do? Can anyone tell me fork legs on japanese off road bikes are they clear anodized or painted with a clear coat of lacquer?

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 10:16:28 am »
There all coated with clear, most where finished with a linishing belt before  the clear was applied.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 10:39:27 am »
most of the jap fork legs are clear paint/laquered and not annodized.

I have sent rims to annodizers that have been almost mirror finish and said 'annodize matt silver to match sample rim supplied' (sample was a NOS Honda DID rim). Its usuallly better to over polish than under polish and then the mirror finish goes away once annodized. The usual wet and dry paper sanding and polishing with steel wool and green scotch brite pads are usually required although that may not have been the processs Power stand used.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 04:29:38 pm »
impressive - looks really good.  Are you going to be game enough to get it dirty?????

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica