Author Topic: Aussie Speedway Championship Titles sceening on chn 3 or 9 RIGHT NOW  (Read 3944 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
A  FULL screening of the Aussie speedway titles are on Channel 3 or 9 right NOW.           ENJOY.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:27:50 pm by MICK-DE »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie Speedway Championship Titles sceening on chn 3 or 9 RIGHT NOW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:32:59 pm »
Yep good stuff lunch time today here  :P Thanks

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=11378.0
Best is in the West !!

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 12:39:53 pm »
Yeah its one of the better sceenings I have ever seen. Been sick for three and a half weeks, and couldn't attend. This is the next best thing. ;D

Been plenty of argee-bargee, crashes and threats about sorting it in the "A final". ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:43:32 pm by MICK-DE »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 01:06:48 pm »
Hope your on the road to recovery  8) Mick-de
Glad we had the TV on--just got a call down the corridor   """""ITS ON NOW""""""
and its only 10am  :-\
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 01:09:07 pm »
And so replying to e-mails & other bookwork is delayed for another half hour.

Saw one being pushed over the line, was it by chance powered by a 465 motor ;D

It occurred to me while watching them that speedway bikes haven't evolved much over the years.
MX / Enduro bikes, Road bikes, Trail bikes and even Trials bikes have all evolved to be quite different bikes to what they were thirty years ago, but Speedway bikes appear to be essentially the same.
No doubt motors have improved and their would probably be subtle differences in geometry as well.
This isn't a criticism, it just seems they got the formula right from the beginning.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 01:45:36 pm »
Hope your on the road to recovery  8) Mick-de
Glad we had the TV on--just got a call down the corridor   """""ITS ON NOW""""""
and its only 10am  :-\
cheers
Yeah thanks, Starting to get things stabilised. It was a shitty last year. Dad dropped off his perch just before last xmas. Then my 17 year drinking problem got allot worse. I put the brakes on it 3.5 months ago. Fell off the wagon a couple of times. A couple of mates gave me cartons for this xmas. Drank one, got real sick. Got diagnosed at xmas with mild type-2 sugar problem. Sick of being sick. Pills and a new life style are starting to stabilise things. It’s a blessing in disguise. It has given me extra strength to stop the drinking and start eating and living right. Lost industrial quantities of weight(which gives birth to a lean mean racing Mick). I am not enjoying being sick, but I am really enjoying being “sober” and losing weight. Best of all, without the demon drink my Darlin is finally making sense, which is making our future look so bright I have to wear shades  ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 01:58:39 pm by MICK-DE »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 01:59:24 pm »
And so replying to e-mails & other bookwork is delayed for another half hour.

Saw one being pushed over the line, was it by chance powered by a 465 motor ;D

It occurred to me while watching them that speedway bikes haven't evolved much over the years.
MX / Enduro bikes, Road bikes, Trail bikes and even Trials bikes have all evolved to be quite different bikes to what they were thirty years ago, but Speedway bikes appear to be essentially the same.
No doubt motors have improved and their would probably be subtle differences in geometry as well.
This isn't a criticism, it just seems they got the formula right from the beginning.

they have evolved Geoff, but its been an evolution reather than a revolution.

its a tightly controlled sport and always has been. speedway control council was the govening body before affilaition to MA in late 80's (i think)

the basic machine is rigid rear, diamond shaped frame with no gearbox just a primary chain from crank mounted sprocket to clutch input and then secondary chain from clutch output shaft to rear wheel, gearing for differing tracks is altered by crank sprocket and rear wheel sprockets. no brakes 500cc foustroke methanol fuel.

up to early 70's 2 valve engines, oil was total loss dumping on track. points ignition total loss battery.
mid 70's they changed to 4 Valves, interspan CDI ignitions fired by points. (some had electronic no points)
late 80's early 90's engines went to laydown style from upright. with recirculation oil systems (no more dumping on the track)
mid 90's leading link forks were the go from spring type conventional forks (no damping or oil, grease for lubrication on brass bushes)
late 90's dirt deflectors were fitted behind rear wheel, full body work becomes fashionable.

but yes you are right they do not look that much different from the early models.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:00:55 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 02:15:57 pm »
Mick-de ,,not easy when we are in a society where it is cool/norm to drink...and with our lifestyle diabetes is always going to be on the increase. Lucky Country alright  :-\ 
get more bikes to play with  ;)  ;D

Great TV viewing for a sunday ...More veiwing of this sport will put it back on top  :P 

Australians invented broadsiding  :P   
cheers

Yes it sure was great viewing for a Sunday, now for some quality time with the people who matter the most.

We invented that did we?
Why am I not surprised? God we're good :D
Aussie,Aussie,Aussie-oy,oy,oy ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 02:39:18 pm »
Yes it sure was great viewing for a Sunday, now for some quality time with the people who matter the most.

true true but he's on the other computer creating/plotting the track water system for the local mX ...so others learn how to water the track when needed  :P
Dakar is on now too
 see ya
Best is in the West !!

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 03:02:58 pm »
yep first reconised offical event was held at maitland NSW in 1923. the Aussies then took this exciting new sport to the Poms and blitzed them for years. 1st offical world champ was "aussie" Lionel Van Praag in 1936. these early speedway pioneers were tough blokes, they had a different style to those of today and were refer to as "leg trailers" as the leg was swept back behind them where as it then was the go to move the leg forward.

its an interesting history and makes for good reading, i purchased Chum taylors book "a dangerous life" many years ago and i foud it a good read.

Alison, Chum (1966 aussie title holder) is the father of Glynn Taylor both great speedway riders from Perth.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 08:56:34 pm »
GMC  Correct the solos have not evolved as much as others, reason being it is arguable the most strictly regulated and controlled form of motorcycle sport. The machines have to all be strictly as stated in the rule book.(Which does change ever so slowly over years and years, and well is that bad? cause it makes rider ability paramount ) Take a look at 2010 rule book and say one from the mid 80s other than dirt deflectors and the laydown engine style it still is the same. Years ago a mighty Maico 501 two stroke brute was constructed to meet the rules but it to was quickly banned.  Cheers see ya at the Classic titles day time on feb 21st at Broadford Tim754     ... Speedway sidecars have changed heaps... of course they are still NOT allowed to have any brake fitted ;)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.