Author Topic: New member  (Read 1735 times)

Hayz

« on: January 20, 2010, 08:56:08 pm »
Hi,
I recently retrieved from my parents shed my YZ125J that I purchased my life's savings back in 1982.  We were on a farm then and with a few mates (IT250J, IT465J, YZ250K) spent all our spare time blasting around the hills, the occaisonal Pony Xpress and even some flat track but mostly bush bashing.

Anyway the intention is to restore the old YZ and maybe even ride it!  So far I've pulled her mostly to bits (yep, forgot to take a few pics #@%!) and am tallying up what new parts I'll need.  I thought I looked after the bike reasonably well back when I rode it but there are many things I did that I need a kick in the rear for. (eg holes in airbox lid, missing side covers, butchered monoshock spring) I think I was under the impression that one day I'd have enough money to replace the bits I bodgied up!  How wrong I was!

Looking forward to the experience!

Cheers,
Andrew

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 09:39:40 pm »
Welcome   :)
Where are you, ??? because you never know !  you could of riden with someone's aunties, uncles brothers sisters mate on here.   8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 09:42:37 pm »
Geez your quick off the mark Alli, chatting the poor block up already!!! ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 09:52:30 pm »
Geez your quick off the mark Alli, chatting the poor block up already!!! ;)

Gotta look after YZ folk  ;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:55:36 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Hayz

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 05:24:12 pm »
We live in Hay (SW NSW).  People stop here sometimes to buy a Coke when driving from Sydney to Adelaide (we're half way) Nearest Yamaha dealer is 150 km away but I'm yet to learn if I can still actually buy parts for an '82 model!  Several decades ago we used to ride in the Tamworth area (N NSW).

MC

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 04:19:56 pm »
Hey Andrew, been a while since I looked on here but gidday from NZ, anyone on a white bike is rite by me, I come from an area where there was a strong red dealersip n yep the buggers are still here.
You do realise what you have done don't you? It starts with 1 bike and then you will hear about another, I started the same way and now have 7 white bikes in the garage, latest to land is an 81 YZ 465 so thats where the focus is at present, anyway get it running n get out there with the rest of these boys, you are gonna meet some great people in this, cheers MC

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 07:26:43 pm »
Yep, welcome to OzVMX Andrew. Hay huh? Fair way away from the VMX action but it's a small world with the Internet. I passed through Hay just a few weeks ago, noticed a CR85 for sale and wondered how much riding goes on out there... Spotted a nice looking track at Narrandera too.