Author Topic: Yamaha RS100  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Turns

• Novice
    • View Profile
Yamaha RS100
« on: January 07, 2010, 07:05:57 pm »

G'day
This is my first post (other than intro) so it is more of a test post but wanted to put up some pics of something.

This is my 74 RS100 that I picked up a while ago. It was in Melbourne so had to transport it up - even though it is not the most desirable piece of two wheeled machinery I hardly slept with excitement before its arrival. It has a few small issues to sort out before I ride it too much. Needs a new fuel tap and the foot pegs sorted - that being said when it arrived I kicked and rode it for 20mins just to be sure ;)

Now that I have had it a while I have tinkered with it but not done too much with it. My time has been spent on my other bike that I will post up soon. I want to use the RS for pure off road and the 250 for road and dirt.

I hope this fits into this type of forum as I know this is forum has a racing background to it - old dirt bikes are old dirt bikes. Keep me inline if I get off topic of this forum.
Cheers Turns

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
Re: Yamaha RS100
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 09:27:16 pm »
errr,thats different ;),can't wait to see the 250  ;D, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 03:20:36 am »
hell, i like it!
of all the wierd and wonderfull things, these little RS100 yammies are a real gem.
 8)
"flat bickie"

TT

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 11:08:21 pm »
I kinda like it too.  ;D
I must admit though, that before today, I'd never heard of an RS100.  ::)

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 08:15:47 pm »
RS STANDS FOR RAT SHITE
IT IS A ROAD BIKE
IN MY DAY THEY WHERE RD

DR

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 01:39:26 pm »
RS100's have always been RS100's. RD100's were twin cylinder just like all the other RD's.
There's also an RX100 yam which is much closer in design to the RS100.

nothing wrong with the roadies Turns ;)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:56:12 pm by Doc »

Offline Turns

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 01:59:31 pm »
Gee ElsionoreYZ - I didn't think the little RS would cause such a ruckus ;D

I have a lot access to bikes in my life through family and friends - ZX10, GSXR's, Aprilia SXV550( 8)), BSA, Harleys and even other 'modern' dirt bikes.

I have ridden them on the road, off the road and at racetracks and not all of them are my cup of tea but I can appreciate them all for what they are.

I  said in my intro I am a rodder not a biker but these old bikes give me some fun - One of my best mates has raced several Suzuki GSXRs over the years and I gave him a ride of my DT250. He returned muttering about drum brakes etc and how do you ride this thing, but he enjoyed the novelty just the same.

Oh well - cheers Turns

monaro308

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 03:24:08 pm »
Park the RS100 in a shopping strip next to a modern bike and i bet you the 100 would get more looks and questions ask.
My old 99 GSXR750 had the power,looks,handling and top speed to satisfy my needs but it was a one dimensional bike.....fast or nothing.
A most uncomfortable ride you could ever ask for... a dinner plate for a seat,sore wrists and headache after a short ride because your helmet was at such an angle.
That RS100 would be a joy to ride around!
Jeez even my PE175X was ridden every day on the road with knobbies and on the weekends on trails.

I reckon your bike is KOOL....Turns...and dual dimensional too!