Author Topic: Noel Clarke Fundraiser Total  (Read 1464 times)

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
Noel Clarke Fundraiser Total
« on: December 05, 2009, 12:58:37 am »
We must be getting close to the end of this now, I'd like to know the total amount raised for the "Cause" as we have all made contributions in one way or another, It'd be nice to see the fruits of our labour?

firko

Re: Noel Clarke Fundraiser Total
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 06:58:54 am »
I apologise that I've been a bit late getting the total up. As of this moment the total is $14600 plus (the St George system is down at present which prevents me getting an exact figure). There are a couple of substantial cheques still to deposit and a couple of outstanding pledges still to come in. I've been working a bit offline to get the figure up to a round 15k by ebaying donated items and privately tidying up the loose ends.
 I apologise for not hammering away on the forum but I was thinking that we'd taken over the forum for long enough. The kindness of the vintage motocross community has been outstanding and you all deserve a pat on the back. Thank you to those of you who donated auction items and an equally big thank you to those who contributed even a single dollar.
Thank you Darren for the offer of the wheelchair and for giving the auction a goal and focus.

Once the final figures are tallied I'll be sending a cheque to Noel just in time for Christmas and hope it helps in some small way in his future life........

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 07:01:04 am by firko »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:50:33 pm »
any update on the fund raiser Firko ?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

firko

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:16:43 pm »
Hoony I'm just tidying up the last few loose ends,  waiting for two cheques to clear, to deposit a cheque that just came in this morning and I'm waiting for a an eBay PayPal payment to go in and the total will be $15,387.73. I'll add the last $130 myself to bring up the total to $15500 ready to present to Noel.

I'm waiting on Brian Clarke to let me know how they want the money handed over, whether by direct deposit or cheque or unmarked bills in a brown paper bag. I've been quiet of late as I'm sure we need to move on but believe me when I tell you that it's still bubbling away behind the scenes ready for a Christmas turnover of the funds.

It's impossible to thank all of you personally but on behalf of Noel and his family I thank you all as a group for your kindness. The OZVMX forum community did an outstanding job here and you all deserve a big pat on the back. If the 15K helps to make just one positive change in Noels future we've achieved our goal. I'll give a full closing report after the funds are handed over...........

TT

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:28 pm »
$15.5k is a great reward for all your efforts Mark. (And those that have helped out with it being known)

That sort of dough will make a positive difference to Noel's future, I reckon.  ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 01:28:20 am »
Yes, Lets also hope it has a positive flow on effect for the guy behind the design and engineering of the chair too  ;D
cheers well done all  8)
Best is in the West !!

albrid-3

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 06:42:48 am »
How Is Noel Going, has anybody heard.

firko

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 07:00:44 am »
Noels going through the usual ups and downs that come with his kind of injury. He's been back and forward between home and hospital fighting various infections but overall he's coming to grips with his injury and all that comes with it. He's a strong bloke surrounded by good family so I have no doubt that he'll go on to live a productive and happy life.