Author Topic: G'day Fella's  (Read 1597 times)

Beefa

G'day Fella's
« on: October 27, 2007, 12:59:15 pm »
Righto,

I'd better introduce meself. Pete or Beefa I'm known as. B for Big Fat C...

40 Year old bike nut.

Started riding at 10. 1st was a YZ80c then an SL125, I called the Old Shitter. Graduated to YZ125H, then raced 85 KX250 on Short Circuit, then WR400F in 99.

I worked in the Bike industry for 6 years in NSW. Started with Honda, then Yamaha and Suzuki, then finall Kawasaki, Harley and KTM. Left the bike industry in 1990 to work with Toyota. Kept my hand in by working in a mate's KTM/Kwaka shop on Saturday mornings for years. Took 12 months of 2005 and did the loop of the country, but helped a mate out by working in His Suzuki shop in Perthfor a month or so. Finished the trip and moved to Darwin. Heaven.

Bikes I've got now.
79 KX125 A5 or Christine...
I bought Christine in 1998 in Dubbo. The young fella who bought new had not pre-mixed fuel correctly and siezed her. I swapped him a few tyres for her. She was in original condition, with the original tyres and chain and sprokets but he left her at the side of the shed and the sun knocked her around abit. I stripped every nut and bolt and rebuilt completely. Wiseco sleeve kit, Conrod kit, all bottom end bearing etc.. Working for Kwaka at the time, I was able to snavel some of the last remaining NOS parts there was left.ie new front number plate, rear guard, cables, chain sliders and others. Even original green handgrips.But I never put her together, so she sat in 100's of bits until 2002 when one night in the shed, i thought i'd put her together and take her for a turn. Anyway, rode her for about 1 hour and doing a 1st gear balance wheelie, I flipped her. But when I slid of the seat, my right boot hit the dirt sideways and tore my medial and cruicate. I put her back in the shed and haven't ridden her since. ( see the for sales sectoin)

Others I own , 2x KT250's still in bits in boxes , 9/80 CB1100RB , KR250A1-2. I spose I'm a kwaka nut. Just something about the Greenie's I like.

Anyway good to be here

Pete

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
Re: G'day Fella's
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 02:23:55 pm »
Welcome aboard, You've just increased Darwins VMX population to 3!

PM me if you want to meet up sometime.

Cheers

Brent
The older I get, the faster I was