Author Topic: shipping forks, Sydney-Bendigo  (Read 1682 times)

firko

shipping forks, Sydney-Bendigo
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:40:15 am »
I sold a set of Paoli forks on eBay to a guy in Bendigo. Anyone got a good (cheapish) shipper to get them to him?

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: shipping forks, Sydney-Bendigo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 10:55:36 am »
I sold a set of Paoli forks on eBay to a guy in Bendigo. Anyone got a good (cheapish) shipper to get them to him?
Firko I have sent plenty forks cheap via Aussie post. If they are over 1050mm they can knock them back, in which case you have to pull the springs and colapse them.
The other thing is, I get on pretty well with my local Post office people and they have accepted an overlengh 1100mm package once with only a smile ;D added.

Cheers, Mick. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 10:57:59 am by MICK-DE »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:57:54 am »
Last forks I got sent to me from QLD Firko, and I am in Bendigo mail district cost $36 via Austpost. Fella drained the oil and took the springs out , making a much shorter package.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

mx250

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 11:11:37 am »
Last forks I got sent to me from QLD Firko, and I am in Bendigo mail district cost $36 via Austpost. Fella drained the oil and took the springs out , making a much shorter package.
Yeah, ditto for me. I had forks Bendigo - Sydney about $20. Sydney - Central coast $12 :o. I'm surprised how cheap it is at times. Sydney - Port Headlands might be jaw dropping though ;).

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 11:09:31 pm »
Hey Mark

If you can meet me on the highway (uncle leos?) late next week, say 18th/19th, I'll get the forks where they need to go. I usually travel straight down M7 onto the hume on my way back home from QLD so it wouldn't be a problem. The price will be right too...nudge nudge
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 11:11:38 pm »
Ah S@$T, i just saw the date on this one so im probably way too late
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.