Author Topic: Taupo VMX  (Read 3316 times)

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Taupo VMX
« on: December 07, 2009, 07:14:17 pm »
Any reports, true or otherwise, about the Taupo VMX meeting last weekend?

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Taupo VMX
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 07:29:45 pm »
Good point 27, maybe someone's kidnapped DJ..... :o
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

suzuki43

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 07:34:50 pm »
Grossi it was a great day and night the Digger McEwen track was a blast,and Bill and Geraldo did another outstanding job on the charity auction.

Offline sudman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 07:36:17 pm »
 ;D Magic weekend big jumps deep sawdust, table tops & all
Link to a few pictures http://ausvmx.ning.com/photo/albums/round-2-taupo
PE175T,RM175T,C & J XL350 73,C&J XL350 75

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 08:42:58 pm »
What a great day it was to race at the Taupo International Motocross track.
   I have been very busy of late, working out of town and packing up the old house to move to the house we have bought (moved last weekend, thanks Bill) so it was fanastic to just get away and have a race in the weekend. The track was everything I expected it to be, bloody exciting (fast, technical and everything inbetween).  The only really unbelievable part of the weekend was that I forgot to take my camera  ::) (I cant believe it).

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:46:19 pm »
Jeez Deej, that really is pushing the boundaries ! I received a savage email from Peter Ploen, who'd been hanging out for a ride but got spirited back to work AGAIN by his mob the day before the meeting, not happy ! Anyway thanks to Sudman for the pics, some pretty decent jumps there, and another good rollup.  :D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 11:59:10 am »
Taupo club top of the Waikato
Posted: Monday, 14th December, 2009 : 9:47 AM - - 111 Reads -
New Zealand's Taupo Motorcycle Club has been judged the supreme club in the Waikato district winning the ‘Club of the Year’ Award at the recent Waikato Sports Awards.

In the last year, the innovative club has hosted the RoadCraft Junior Motocross World Championship, the 2008 Swann Insurance International, the Kawasaki KTM New Zealand Junior Nationals, its annual Labour Day round and its ever-popular Winter Series of club rounds.

“To host three large events in the past year, including the Junior Motocross World Championship, was a fantastic effort by all of our club members, and to receive an accolade like this is icing on the cake,” said Geoff Hall, President of the Taupo Motorcycle Club.

All clubs that were named as regional winners were put forward to the Waikato judges who chose six as finalists with the Taupo Club receiving the highest accolade.

“Our mission is to provide an opportunity for New Zealand’s young riders to compete at the highest level possible, which we achieved with the Junior World Championships – it was the first time that the event had left European shores and we were delighted to attract such a high calibre of riders who put on a fantastic riding display for the 10,000 spectators,” said Hall.

“The Club is determined to continue to provide opportunities for New Zealand riders and to grow motocross as a sport – we have proven we have a team and a track capable of hosting events at a high international standard, and we will continue to seek opportunities to do so,” said Hall.
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 11:08:03 am »
Looks like a very interesting track, and sidecar friendly too!!! Bit of a shame that those loverly rolling hills aren't somewhere in the mix eh bro!
I seem to remember that Taupo was further south than the Waikato, am I dreaming?

Offline sudman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 11:12:39 am »
Yep it is south about mid Island, it could even be VMX middle earth?
PE175T,RM175T,C & J XL350 73,C&J XL350 75

TM BILL

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 03:18:03 pm »
Taupo is the home of lake Taupo (biggest lake in the Southern hemisphere) and source of the Waikato river ;)

When the sun shines in Taupo were in the Bay of Plenty  ;D when it rains were in the waikato ::) when it snows were in the shit  :-[

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 05:57:27 pm »
That's bullshit TM, everyone knows water runs down hill-the gravity effect invented by some old greek bastard-and it comes in at Port Waikato and runs down to Taupo which is in fact a very large cistern and all the shit is flushed down there-so don't go swimming in Lake Waikato!!

TM BILL

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 06:50:06 pm »
One of our biggest tourist attractions watching the water go UP Huka falls  ::) ::) ::)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 10:22:13 pm »
Simple answer to that- it's running over hot rocks which makes it rise up.
Remember, you're talking to a local from down town Rerewhakaaitu, straight off the farm- 40 +yrs ago that is.