Author Topic: Putting together a new service  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Putting together a new service
« on: November 09, 2009, 09:05:49 pm »
After never ending times stuffing about trying to move frames, wheels, engines and all sort of odd shaped or over size or too heavy items, and worse missing out on Ebay finds due to transport collections, im in the process of organising a Depot to depot service, it will be from the furgusson depots as they understand what a bike part is and are insured for them, but the item depending on what it is will be a loose load like a bare frame, or in the case of a pile of junk we have organised  flat rates on a 1.2 mtr enclosed crates

As its depot to depot there are no drop off fees, business hours to work around and they will sit on a stanby rate, so lets say its $50 per item like a fame and 2 wheels, the over the border again add another $50 or somthinglike that ( still getting this sorted.) so its a fixed rate, same with the Crates, they may go on a ipec truck or whatever and can be full of crap with no weight limit, but its sold as a per cubic crate rate with whatever you can fit in that size crate ( i fitted 2 bikes in the test one) and that might be say $150, SO if you buy a pile off stuff or a roller, buyer takes to depot pulls it apart enough to fit in these special crates - job done.

If its a goer and idea works ill put up the crates on Ebay so you can just bid or buy now on a melb to syd depot crate ? easy to follow and no Phone calls etc back and forth,and it might have an up to 3 week delivery period, but im not usually in a worry so ill see how that works.

IDea is sound, i just got to work though the nuts and bolts, but surfice to say the deal is up and running, so if you have astuff ready to go , or like me still sitting around the country, lets get them moved around.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 09:09:35 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Putting together a new service
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 10:03:41 pm »
seems like a solid idea freaky normally i dont buy much big stuff via interstate but if i do and im sure most other people think like me in that thay bought it cheap at the time so theres no major rush on the stuff like on the rm 400 gear i just bought if that makes it hear by march next year ill be happy
MUGEN power

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 11:57:35 am »
Well you live next door to the depot in melton so coulndt be easier for you  :O)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

ianscr250

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 03:12:42 pm »
Hiya Freak
hey hows this new service going is it all sorted out now im looking at a bike from sydney to wa 125 1981 model