Author Topic: anyone live at Cobar, New South Wales?  (Read 1701 times)

DR

anyone live at Cobar, New South Wales?
« on: December 09, 2009, 06:36:39 pm »
looking at purchasing a parts/partial TS250 from Cobar, New South Wales. I have no idea where the feck that is but was just wondering if someone would live in striking range as I really only want a few of the parts off it posted and the rest can do as it pleases but the seller wants the whole deal gone :-\

firko

Re: anyone live at Cobar, New South Wales?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 06:40:47 pm »
Doc...I reckon you're in trouble. Cobar is in the middle of nowhere, out Broken Hill way. I wish I could help mate but you couldn't have found a more 'out there' place if you'd tried.

TT

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 07:08:49 pm »
How long can you wait, Doc.
I'm going through Cobar on the way to CD7................ about June 4 next year................. ::) ::) ::)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 07:24:49 pm »
ring the local pub and get the manager to put i sign up some one with a ute and blue heeler might be going to the big smoke ;D

TT

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 07:36:11 pm »
We're not helping much, eh Doc?  ;)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 07:38:55 pm »
How long can you wait, Doc.
I'm going through Cobar on the way to CD7................ about June 4 next year................. ::) ::) ::)

hahahaha - I heard that CD7 was in Cobar next year!

TT

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 08:36:56 pm »
Hey Doc
I'll ask on the ADV Rider forum. I reckon there's someone from Cobar on there.

DR

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 08:53:18 pm »
 :D :D :D no wonder the guy wants 99 cents for it! thanks but I'll see, maybe if I offer some obligatory beer money he may split it up and bury the remains :D :D oh damn it..I thought I was really onto something too ::)

TT

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 08:56:09 pm »
Ok, I've got the name and number of a mate of a mate that goes to Cobar very regularly and may be able to help.
I'll hang out for someone actually living there, but this guy might be able to save the day if not.

DR

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 09:11:12 pm »
mmmm Thanks heaps anyway Tony..trying to tune the seller as I speak..I've looked again and there is really only 1 part I want and it's a little beat up also. I emailed an offer of the price I'd be willing to pay for the whole bike if it were local but this price is just for the 1 part I want so I'm awaiting a reply. It's not worth too much hassle and already I'm leaning toward..forget it! :D

TT

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 09:17:47 pm »
Doc, I owe you more than one favour, so if you can buy what you want at the right price, I'm all too happy to help get it to you if I can.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 09:44:51 pm »
Hey Doc

If you contact Parisi motorcycles in Cobar, im sure either Claude or Mario will help you any way they can.
They more than likely know the bloke you are gettin the bike from. Sorry, but I dont have the phone number
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

DR

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 10:13:16 pm »
nah Tony, pretty square I'd reckon ;)

TBM, no, it is a private guy and I've just managed to jag a left exit TS250 kit pipe, something I've been chasing for a few years ;D $50 and a stock pipe in exchange, it ain't the best and needs a few repairs but what else is new with 40 year old parts that are almost unobtanium downunder and priced through the roof in the US ;) Hopefully it can be posted directly Tony but it'll be a day or so before I know a yes or no, thanks again.