Author Topic: Here's something else that's not supposed to exist  (Read 2324 times)

DR

Here's something else that's not supposed to exist
« on: November 08, 2009, 11:14:04 pm »
Steve Gall onboard a TM125 Suzuki of all things ;D 'mazing what ya find when you're not looking :D

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Here's something else that's not supposed to exist
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 11:34:07 pm »
TM ? Are you sure? Theres afew shots of him around on an the first RM M  which he jumped on before the YZ C 's came out.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 11:47:47 pm »
Yeah that's an RM125m, i think he tested it for ADB mag.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 12:02:47 am »
Yeah that's an RM125m, i think he tested it for ADB mag.

yep they sure did against the YZ125C Vol 1 no1 ....thank you for that mag ebay  ;D
QUOTE:tested at Dargle mx circuit (which state?) test riders Graeme Aldridge,John Behrens,Carl Bletcher and Mark Pace.The above bike #37 is in the ADB mag x4.
Berserk is the only way to handle them  ;D
With a bit of twicking(fiddle) I reckon the RM would of betten the YZ hands down  ;)  ;D
At the end of a long ride on the Suzuki ,we felt the Dr de Carbons  and they where to hot to touch:and although damping was still there,we didnt feel it was the same as when the shocks are cool.For the length races ,we get say 30 minutes at most ,the RM's will be fine.,As for the flex,we talked to a road racer who said the Yamaha would be great for road racing he mentioned something like the YZ125C is the same as half the motor of a Yamaha road racer if your interested,because it was so ridged.So the Suzuki,even thought the swingarm is well gusseted,does give the merest hint of flex,but never enough to worry about.
$799 Suzuki YZ $929
cheers
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 12:27:01 am by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 03:20:32 pm »
I've got an autographed, framed poster size print of Steve on that bike that I won at CD2. He confirmed at the time that he did race the bike for a very short period of time.

Who would have thought it possible
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 04:34:41 pm »
I've got an autographed, framed poster size print of Steve on that bike that I won at CD2. He confirmed at the time that he did race the bike for a very short period of time.

Who would have thought it possible
VMX42

How did you win it Steve? Was that the trivia night? I was with Gally and pointed out that pic on the wall .I told him that the look in the eyes gave him away and yes he confirmed the RM125 ride.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 04:38:38 pm »
Yep the Kyenton Trivia night. Good fun.
I took it home, got if framed and it is still on my office wall.
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

DR

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 05:16:26 pm »
ADB ran a Steve Gall article in mar/apr '78 (link below), that's where I stumbled upon the picture. I hadn't read the article and didn't look overly hard at the pic at the time but the style told me it was Mr Gall. My mistake, it is of course an RM125M not a TM..great pic too 8)

http://cid-86267c09a3452a71.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Vintage%20Suzuki%20Magazine%20Tests%20and%20Articles/Steve%20Gall%20Interveiw%20ADB%20march%20april%201978?uc=7&isFromRichUpload=1

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 05:36:48 pm »
on ya Doc for the article. :P  :-*

Quote:
Steve rode his TM125 for our first issue of ADB.The best never appeared as we were obliged to run the RM...........................

Its like another Sprite/Alron/ Amerian Eagle saga  :-X   ;D   that's media   ::)  can't live with em can't live without them  :-X 
Best is in the West !!