Author Topic: piston and rings for monty 54m  (Read 592 times)

lms6201

piston and rings for monty 54m
« on: November 08, 2009, 07:48:16 am »
std  piston and rings for the 250 enduro  , used is ok , even a set of rings , steve [email protected]

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: piston and rings for monty 54m
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:59:24 am »
Hello Steve,
I have an '80 250 enduro here which needed rings, but from memory I think they are .8mm thick and hard to get. I went through the Wiseco book and ended up getting a set of four stroke rings the right size & thickness, just threw away the oil ring. All good. I could find the part number if you like. By the way, given that the bike is about number 30 on my list I would probably sell it if anyone is interested. Got it running but that's all so far. I was going to put the engine in a V75 frame I have. I also have a VR250 engine which can probably go.
Cheers,
K

lms6201

Re: piston and rings for monty 54m
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 04:45:10 pm »
thanks for that k , rings on this one are the same pissy thin things , they were seized in , i got them out , filed the really ugly bits off the piston , got a set of 72mm wiesco rings off a dead bully piston , used the angle grinder on them till they fitted the groves, ground the ends till they would fit in the bore ,gave it a quick hone , slammed it together , must have 200psi , stuck the bare engine on a rag on the concrete , gave it a shot  in the intake , 6 kicks and it,s belching out smoke and noise (that,s full noise) , no 2000 dollar engine rebuilds here !