Author Topic: Wear a Neck Brace !!  (Read 6005 times)

mainline

Re: Wear a Neck Brace !!
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 10:25:16 am »
I picked up the 1st issue of the new aussie bike mag (the name of which I can't remember) and it has a good write up on the braces available and the pros and cons of each.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 10:51:48 am »
I wear a dainese suit and an EVS neck roll most of the time, and occasionally an EVS neck brace. the EVS is cheap but certainly less effective looking than the Leatt. I have crashed my brains out a few times in this getup and have managed not to scuff any flesh of receive any bad bruising etc. It hasn't prevented me cracking/breaking a few ribs here and there though. On a few occasions I have had other bikes hit me when I am on the ground and I've felt the impact on the body armour but no injury. I reckon these suits are brilliant. As for the neck brace/roll thing... dunno. I guess I never want to test it.

But I have always been one for wearing all the gear. The only thing I don't have are knee braces. I have very good full coverage articulated knee/shin guards and they provide excellent protection but of course won't prevent nasty knee injuries.

I think it's best to wear as much protection as you can afford and are comfortable wearing...

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 11:45:30 am »
I heard on the vine that someone was to make a new concept brace that incorparates shoulder pads-is this correct or did I dream it?
Seemed like a very good idea(at least in the dream/ :D)

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 12:47:02 pm »
EVS NECK BRACES ,deal for forum members 290.00 including post-eastern states .sa.wa post will dearer

mainline

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 04:26:52 pm »
Transmoto is the name of the new bike mag I was talking about. Quite a good read actually compared to what's on the market.

The EVS brace rates quite well in the article, I've got one myself and wouldn't ride without it.

The neck rolls don't rate very well, the idea being that they could act as a fulcrum under your helmet if your head is pushed to one side or another rather than a direct downwards force. Plus I reckon they'd just compress anyway.

I've let a couple of guys know about the EVS deal Robin, does it apply to a mate of a forum member? ;D

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 05:37:13 pm »
I heard on the vine that someone was to make a new concept brace that incorparates shoulder pads-is this correct or did I dream it?
Seemed like a very good idea(at least in the dream/ :D)

661 Droid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_lAx4zG6to

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 09:23:01 am »
yes will apply to your mate

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 06:02:04 pm »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 08:09:35 pm »
anyone know where i can buy  Leatt "Club" or "Sport" neck braces for a good price ?

someone must have checked all the options locally and via the net recently who can save me some time if possible.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 10:31:25 pm »
I've got to say that the Alpine star brace is far more comfortable than the Leatt.
Easier to get on and off as well.