Author Topic: US PayPal verified address for shipping wanted  (Read 2056 times)

TwoTees

US PayPal verified address for shipping wanted
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:49:39 am »
Hi,
Not exactly VMX but I'm sure this problem has been overcome before.

I need these parts to fix my young fellas bike but the seller wont ship out of the US with out a Verified US PayPal address.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KTM-65-FORKS-SUSPENSION-SHOCK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem2556b229c3QQitemZ160368306627QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_956
I already bought some damaged forks from UK for a total cost of $230 about 8 weeks ago and they have not yet arrived so I guessing they are not coming and I am a little wary now.
I cant find forks in Australia and every one that has some over seas wont ship out of their country? Whats with that? The above guy agreed to post out of his country after I offered him more money on top of the auction price and I got burnt.

Has anyone got any ideas?
Cheers

EDIT: I just emailed these guys...
http://www.longjumpexpress.com.au/index.html
has any one used them before?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 07:56:11 am by TwoTees »

albrid-3

Re: US PayPal verified address for shipping wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 08:40:24 am »
Hi, Are you Verified with paypal, you need to be, paypal needs all your banking details for you to be verified. l had a similiar problem, but mine was $3000 ,but we fixed it, it will take a couple of weeks from uk or usa. sometimes its a lot less. just keep on their backs, call ebay or paypal. direct line.

TwoTees

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:10:14 pm »
They want a US Verified address. I'm verified in Australia.
I think this is his way of saying "No international postage at all!"

I don't understand it. I have talked to a couple of sellers of VMX parts from US and they all say that 80% of what they sell goes to Australia or Europe. The ones that wont ship have auctions that finish for bugger all! The dollars is getting better and I've heard rumors of it getting to nearly 1:1 so these guys will be missing out on some good trade.

I am still waiting for a reply from "Long jump express". Maybe they will have an answer.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 02:28:10 pm »
File against him now before you paypal tim expires, or you rooted.

IF in doubt ask them to be posted to a US address - guys on here can do that for you.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 05:32:14 pm »
IF all else fails bring it in thru       PETER LEAHY  Imports ( QLD based )

TwoTees

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 06:51:55 pm »
File against him now before you paypal tim expires, or you rooted.
Yeah! I've filed a claim and still have a few days for the seller to respond and I then need to turn it into a PayPal Buyer protection claim. I'm not holding my breath to get anything back.

IF in doubt ask them to be posted to a US address - guys on here can do that for you.
Thats what Im thinking. But I'm not sure about the "Will Only post to Verified US address" This means I have to pay for it and he ships to the paypal address in US.

Haven't heard anything from Long jump express?

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 12:58:08 am »
there is a guy on here - Marc Shade - in the states - runs an RM250Z website that has offered to forward post stuff for guys.  Also I believe the verified buyer system in the states is different to ours and that is why an Australian cannot be verified in the US system.

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 11:14:54 am »
Check out www.bongous.com/  They offer a US address and forward shipping. Shipping costs are a little more. There are other companies like this as well.

You can put their address down on your payplal account so that it will be a verified US address.

I have a mate in the US that forwards some stuff for me and I have his address in my paypal account.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 12:36:28 pm »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 02:34:13 pm »
Shade - [email protected]

cheers
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica