Author Topic: How To TIG Weld  (Read 22370 times)

oldfart

Re: How To TIG Weld
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2009, 10:15:33 am »
try fussing       it's even easier        Lozza   = dragging

Ji Gantor

« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2009, 10:54:24 am »
This image is of the inside of the angle I welded together.
There is some filler rod that flowed through.

Ji

Tom

« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2009, 06:19:32 pm »
G'day all  ;D

Im a first year sheet metal fabricator/apprentice i've been tig welding now for close to 10 months.I weld alot of 2-6 mm alluminum boat petrol tanks and actual boats on the odd occassion, i weld alot of 0.9-4mm brushed stainless for boat railings and such things and alot of them have to be polished to mirror finish aswell if any 1 needs any help wif that i can help to  :D haha . i've found alluminum welding to be the best by far it looks a treat when you can pull of a nice fillet and alluminum being the lightest of metals/alloys besides titanium its one of the best for building stuff for bikes with also :). when welding alluminum one of these badboys will be your best friend.>>                                        using one of these inox stainless steel on ur usual 5-7 inch grinder u can rip into the alloy surface ur about to weld to open the pores of it and remove any contamination giving you a easy and nice looking weld  ;) heres a 3mm mild steel fillet i performed to pass one of my tafe course sections>>        and heres a alluminum fillet i performed at work just having a bit of a muck round>>

having a clean surface area to weld is one of the best things you can do to make your welding life easier hope anything i said helped and good luck mate.

Cheers Tom

Ji Gantor

« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2009, 08:41:05 pm »
Hi Tom,
Great to see your welds, they look terrific.
What type of TIG welder do you use?
What are the settings when you weld aluminium?

Ji

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2009, 07:21:43 pm »
HERE is a fella that must have been taking all your tips in Ji. Glad to see he's kicked on a bit ;D ;D ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Ji Gantor

« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2009, 07:32:27 pm »
Can you please tell him for me to keep trying he will get there eventually.

Very nice work

Ji