Author Topic: Victoria  (Read 11004 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Victoria
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:55:23 AM »
Post info about riding spots in Vic here

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:45:45 AM »
Frankston Motorcycle park http://www.frankston.vic.gov.au/Parks_Recreation_and_Facilities/Sport_and_Sporting_Clubs/Motorcycles/index.aspx
Lot 98, Old Wells Road,
SEAFORD  3198 
Ph 9786 4543

Broadmeadows Motocross Park   http://www.broadmeadowsmxpark.com.au/index.html
Park Location:    434-472 Mahoneys Rd
Campbellfield VIC 3061
Australia
Park Hours:    Wednesday 1pm - dusk (at operator's discretion due to light)
Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday 10am - 5pm
Public Holidays 10am - 5pm
Park Phone :    03 9357 3888
Mobile Phone:    0408 447 554 (Alan)

Dandenong Motorcycle Club  http://www.dmcc.com.au/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 09:23:20 AM by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 11:45:57 AM »
Broadford are running a couple of ride days per month on the main MX track, well all dirt tracks actually.

MITCHELL SHIRE RECREATION MOTORCYCLE CLUB

A club with the above name are hiring the main MX track at the State Motorcycle Sports complex (Broadford) once a month, it is only for recreation MX riding, meaning no bar-bashing.  The day is split into 'Junior' (fathers are allowed to follow their kids around) and 'Senior'.

The track is always prepared in perfect condition, this type of event really suits the fun rider and old vintage racer.  The costs are, annual club membership $50 and $30 per ride day.

I am actually on the committee for the club, so if you need more info or would like to get involved and help, please message me.

MEGA RIDE DAY

The complex run their own day once per month, all of the dirt circuits (MX, Hare Scramble, enduro, Supercross, Dirt track & Speedway) are open to try for only $20.  I think they may issue a one-day licence if you don't have a one.

I currently work for the complex a few days per week and I have been given permission to construct a vintage MX track in my own time, so stay tuned.  The area I have selected is tree'd and loamy moist  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

maico police

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:23:33 PM »

Parwan's open on a Wednesday. Anyone else coming? Hmmmm? Oh yeah. That's right...... :D :D

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 08:31:29 PM »
There`s always a SMARTARSE. ;D
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 08:52:58 PM »
so you gave up cleaning carpets for Moving piano's  ::)

Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:01:33 PM »
give me a bucket .were did you get that seat cover

maico police

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:41 PM »
250 L's always had red seat covers. ???

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »
If I wasn't going in for a shoulder op tomorrow I'd be coming  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Montedero360

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 09:37:39 AM »
Post info about riding spots in Vic here
  Hi Fellow riders  ---  if you like fast open trails & tighter mountain tracks -- try the Labertouche area under the Power Lines  along black snake creek road . I often park the trailer at Emerald Saw mill & ride all the way out to :Labertouche-----  first loop is 70- 80 kl,s-----  theres a designated bike riders unloading station  about ten k,s in from Saw mill--------  only ride here if your fully legal as the Police here ride 520 ktm,s & can ask for licence check--  only been requested twice in 20 years ---  be careful on the bends as some car drivers think their Mika Hakininan  ---- the open trails are perfect for my Husaberg 550 fe  , it can really stretch its legs, the main track is mostly open & you can see other traffic & wildlife with plenty of notice ---  Enjoy 

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 09:44:01 AM »
Good tip. Used to ride at the bike park in the 70's and the State forest was excellent.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

albrid-3

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 08:31:32 PM »
Some of the best trail riding would be the otways, and the grampians.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:26:04 AM by Dave #6 »

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 03:52:29 PM »
Not sure how relevant it is on a VMX forum, but Frankston has copped a serious facelift recently.  There's some big jumps (tables & step-ups - no doubles) on that track now, sprinklers installed and it is -fast-.

The tabletop down the front is now a big un, you have to be well & truly on the gas to get over it.

Offline miggsy

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »
Was just wondering if any one here has tried Gunbower Island as a riding spot.   Its a large state forest that runs along the Murray River.   It's mainly flat fire trails but there are plenty of them.   The Island runs from Gunbower, Cohuna and Koondrook.    Ground ranges from deep rutted tracks to fast open sections of clay or sand.   Its got something for every one.   I,d like to hear from anyone else  who rides here.    Its worth the trip from Melbourne and is a great place for a weekend away.         
Own 2011 wr450, 1980 XT 250 x 2, a DT250 and a few road bikes.   Currnetly rebuilding one xt 250.   It has YZ front and rear suspension which makes a very nice little bike.   Would love a shed full of air cooled two strokes 400cc plus.   big bore two strokes still eat modern four strokes.

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »
Was just wondering if any one here has tried Gunbower Island as a riding spot.   Its a large state forest that runs along the Murray River.   It's mainly flat fire t
rails but there are plenty of them.   The Island runs from Gunbower, Cohuna and Koondrook.    Ground ranges from deep rutted tracks to fast open sections of clay or sand.   Its got something for every one.   I,d like to hear from anyone else  who rides here.    Its worth the trip from Melbourne and is a great place for a weekend away.         
Have to agree with all of that.
Grew up in Cohuna and did a lot of riding out in the state forest as a kid on my KD80 8)
How my parents just let me go out riding in the bush by myself I'll never know.
Came off a few times but the bike never gave up and always got me home.
Would be good for a Easter away camping and fishing also!