Author Topic: '83 honda xl600r rfvc topend  (Read 679 times)

redwing

'83 honda xl600r rfvc topend
« on: December 10, 2012, 09:08:39 PM »
I really need a top end as mine has lost the thread integrity in the barrell and cracked the head. it could also do with a set of rockers as some previous owner has tightened one down so hard that the cam has refaced it concave instead on convexed.
also could do with a clutch basket. drumbrake without a hole in it, tank with no bog, frame without cracks,.....the list goes on.

oh and if the young bloke from brisbane that sold it to the guy ,whose birthday was the same as your mobile number, is a member. yeah thanks she's a great old bike mate..... you have a lot to learn before you grow up little boy. the truth doesnt hurt you.

but yes if anyone does have parts please let me know.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: '83 honda xl600r rfvc topend
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 01:55:24 AM »
Like most Honda RFVCs your bike left the Honda Factory with the cracked head OEM.
It was designed into it by the guys in the shed next to HRC or in those days RSC.
It was caused by the impatience of an owner failing to warm up the engine before riding off into the sunset.
The stripping of the head studs was also OEM from the same shed.
Even meticulous mechanics wound the thread out with a bolt or two on original tear downs.
The rocker problem was probably caused by a lack of oil to the top end usually a kilometre or two wheelie again standard on most RFVCs.
Don't just fix the top end check and prime your oil pump as well.