Author Topic: CD-5  (Read 126084 times)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
CD-5
« on: November 03, 2007, 08:06:08 AM »
I know I'm probably pushing my luck but, is there going to be one, and where and when ???

TMBill and myself, our partners(a couple of bikes ;D) and of course our 'buying governors'("but your've got 3 of those already" ;D) want to make the trip over. We need to start a plan of attack for this great Aussie VMX icon. Shipping, travel, accommodation(camping?), Trying to talk someone over there to hireing a pit tent to us so we dont burst in flame ;D. Getting someone to clear a 1000m radius of snakes, spiders, croc's and anything else that is deadly(Klub Kevlar Magaritas exempt) ;D.

It would be great to put a few faces to the names in here and then have a ride or 2. Of course I know a few sheep shagger jokes will be told, so thats another reason why we need to know the date to learn all our come-backs ;D.
Anyway, yeah as I say I know I'm pushing it but, I got $20 in my pocket and a bike on the truck, I wanna go riding. Bring on CD-5......please!!! ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: CD-5
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 08:42:02 AM »
i'm guessing you have started what will become a large thread here DJ, i am still getting over the Buzz of the last CD.

what an event that ride sesson on Saturday was the best ride i have had for years and the longest session i have ever done, my arms were so pumped up after 30mins on the 500 i couldn't hold a drink when i came in.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 08:43:46 AM by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 08:51:22 AM »
i asked the same question awhile ago ,and serect talks were being held .and no info has been disclosed as yet  !!!  come on fellas give us a hint at least ;D

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 09:42:38 AM »
Hi guys.

Organising CD5 is taking some time (as did CD4) and we have to dot our i's cross our t's before we go public. ;)

Suffice to say, CD5 will be held in 2008, and details of date and location will be officially announced in VMX issue #32, which we are planning to get out a couple of weeks before Christmas. 8)

There should be enough time for our Kiwi friends to get organised and join us.   Naturally, it would be great to have them come along and join the fun. :)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 09:50:18 AM »
would we be able to twist your arm Ajayster and give us the State it will possibly be held in?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 10:07:04 AM »
Do you want the long or the short answer?

short answer:  No.

long answer:   Nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo. ;)

Nothing is finalised at this stage, otherwise we would announce it now. ::)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 10:29:10 AM »
so aj thats a no with a  captial n
or no you do know
or no i know and not telling
or no i ive been sworn to secrecy
or no if i tell im in the shit
or no but i can pm it to any body who wants to know 
or no hoony cant keep a secret
or no buy the issue 32 you will be suprised when we reveal the location
OR NO BUT I WILL TAKE A  BRIBE  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ;D

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 10:52:59 AM »
Bribe eh...now you're talking... ;D

But the answer is still no.... ;)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 11:24:18 AM »
WELL WHEN SOME ONE SAYS (BRIBE HEY)  THEY KNOW ;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 11:29:55 AM by paul »

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 11:30:15 AM »
Fair enough... (bugger).

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 11:38:30 AM »
Paul is right i usually can't keep a secret. but if you PM me Ajay i will make this an exception, as for bribe need any bits for you Kwak's and what scotch do you drink.  :D :D
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 11:50:36 AM »
YEAH GET HIM DRUNK ;D  YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 12:04:30 PM »
Ajay its all good, me and Bill will be ready for the mystery VMX tour where ever it is ;D, we'll just throw on some AD/DC, Hunters & Collectors and Kiss and just rock on down to it. I'm just looking forward to having a few(or alots) of beers with all your blokes and talking the bullshit and bikes ;D. We will try to bring over as many photos and videos of NZ vmx for you guys to look at if ya wanna.(when the boredom kicks in we can drink more ;D), thats if anyone wants ta drink with us ;D.  We want to come over about 3 days before so we can find a good beer to drink at the event ;) ;D.  Maybe even take in a shed tour while the girls are doing there thing(shopping ::)).

Hoony, didnt ya know that riding a 5hundy for 30mins is against the drinking laws :D One of your fellow VMXers should've black flagged ya ;D

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 12:47:04 PM »
DJ, I hope to see you and Bill there and I'll be bringing a spare bike.
Don't worry, it'll be a Yamaha but you'll have to learn to ride a 4 stroke!
What about Geraldo and Darryl?

Brent
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 01:19:15 PM »
Brent it will be good ta see ya again ;D and thanks for the offer. I would say Geraldo would be busy with his new job and promoting the products he is selling now and Darryl has just started up a MX team so that will have him pulling his hair out(will at least keeping his spare time occupied). Bill and myself have had a bit of a chat about it and we thought maybe a camper van and a decent sized trailer(never know what we'll bring or for that matter take home with us ;D). Of course you and all the other ex kiwis over there will probably be stirring up the Trans-Tasman rivally before we get there and then probably drop it all in our laps ;D. Luckly TMB is fast talking and I will be able to make a quick getaway before the boomarangs start flyin our way ;D. Hopefully me and Bill can bring some lovely kiwi mud with us ;) for all the ockers to slip 'n slide in ;D.
Hey Ajay, when does issue 32 go off to the printers ??? Wouldnt you have to already know the wheres and whens will before that ;) ;D. just kidding, so long as we get our magazines before the Tassie guys again its all good ;D