Author Topic: When is CCI not CCI.  (Read 757 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
When is CCI not CCI.
« on: December 11, 2022, 01:50:47 PM »
This '77 TS125 that I am building, the frame sidecover has a CCI decal but the oilpump only has one oil feed, going to the inlet manifold, the left case has a feed channel running down to the left main from the bottom of the transfer. Not needed on a 125?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: When is CCI not CCI.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 05:14:39 PM »
Are you sure it only has the one feed? This is a 78 engine and i cant see why Suzuki would change it for one year and still use the same engine design. It would be quite odd if thats the case. On suzuki Lower line is constant flow and top line is variable. the Parts fiche for the 77 shows the oil Shroud still present. Unlike suzuki to have an oversight like that.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 07:09:16 PM »
Are you sure it only has the one feed? This is a 78 engine and i cant see why Suzuki would change it for one year and still use the same engine design. It would be quite odd if thats the case. On suzuki Lower line is constant flow and top line is variable. the Parts fiche for the 77 shows the oil Shroud still present. Unlike suzuki to have an oversight like that.

That's a 250, I was talking 125, the parts catalogue for the TS125ER shows only one feed line, it wasn't for only one model.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 07:11:46 PM by John Orchard »

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 08:32:28 PM »
My apologies. It was listed on Ebay as a 125 and at the time i didnt look at the bore. The oiler is confusing as the 185 and 250 reed engines both have 2 lines. i can only guess the 125 was based around the premix RM engine or the DS80 though the 185 engine looks similar in design. The parts fiche show the crank to be very similar to the earlier piston ports which had 2 lines. Strange indeed.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 08:52:07 PM »
Yes a bit noteworthy :-)