Author Topic: 2015 Harrow Vinduro, July 25-26.  (Read 73393 times)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Harrow Vinduro, July 25-26.
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 03:42:06 PM »
And for all of the riders of Oriental leaf blowers just a reminder of the European Cherman Wundermachine which denied your securing of the premier at last years Harrow........

The vibrant Teutonic Terror may be absent from this years festivities but no matter (the whiney Orientophile enjoying the sponsored ride last year has been ditched) - winners are grinners! Class will always shine. Don't forget to organise the sampan (maybe a Junk would be more appropriate!) ferry for the puddle crossings - I recall many drowned beigecycles in the river which probably accounts for part of the Orientals dismal performance.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 08:06:48 PM »
When is the entry form due out  :P

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 11:12:23 PM »
It seems that this year the riders of the Asian leaf blowers have underhandedly lobbied some members of the VERi committee to try and turn back the clock on last years result by having the Harrow course RUN IN THE REVERSE DIRECTION this year!

What an outrage! In fact, I'm outraged! Not happy with cheating their way to victory in 2014, the riders of "other" (i.e. weird) brands within the committee have obviously come up with this reverse direction scheme to once again steal the trophy.

Clearly used to malfunctioning machinery that runs in all manner of ways aside from the conventionally accepted one, they have hobbled us decent people with this bizarre condition.

I thought something was up when I noticed at Beaufort that Drakie has the rear tyre of his GasGas on backwards!

Here's one of these non-Japanese scoundrels practicing:

Well, it won't matter, our factory rider GMC has seen the error of his ways and will be proudly riding (backwards) for the rising sun at the 2015 Harrow 100.

Tex
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:49:41 PM by Tex »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 11:57:52 PM »
What is it with these ‘other’ brands that they can only use letters for their brand name.
It’s like they can’t spell or something, like how pathetic is it that a business has to resort to 3 letters as some sort of weird product branding. :o
KTM
ATK
DKW
BSA
SWM
BMW
AJS
CCM
JAP yes they had to name a pommy bike JAP to make it sound fast
VOR
DOT

Then there are the simpletons that found 3 letters too hard so they came up with
MZ
TM
CZ

Least the Japs have pronounceable names and only resort to letters for their models
Long may the Orientals reign supreme (Mmmm supreme, must go order myself a pizza)
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 08:01:04 AM »
Watch this site tonite regarding some big announcements for this years Harrow 100.

Get ready for this year's Harrow its a beauty.
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 08:06:31 AM »
To Quote my good friend Can am 370

The vibrant Teutonic Terror may be absent from this years festivities but no matter (the whiney Orientophile enjoying the sponsored ride last year has been ditched) - winners are grinners! Class will always shine. Don't forget to organise the sampan (maybe a Junk would be more appropriate!) ferry for the puddle crossings - I recall many drowned beigecycles in the river which probably accounts for part of the Orientals dismal performance.

I believe that piece of Engineering mastery (the motor cycle) , "this wonderful trojen", " this wolf in a gerbils clothing" has been donated and is proudly displayed in the Museum of Modern art.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 08:31:35 AM »
The Trojen is cocooned in a hermetically sealed chamber (coincidentally donated by Tex - strange but true, ask him. He obviously appreciates the historical significance of this machine despite his misleading words) ready to be returned to the fray at a moments notice!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:23:45 AM by Canam370 »

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 08:42:06 AM »
Coincidentally , whilst wondering around the Classic Dirt 11 pit area a few week-ends ago I came across the Welsh team preparing for this years Harrow in fine form.

Fine form meaning , all 4 bikes were non operational or maybe just running , but not running anywhere real soon.

With the help of all and I mean all 4 people in his pit area the whole day was spent getting these four jiggers running. I'm very happy to say that on Sunday all the four bikes were running to some extent.

So the scene is set for the Welsh boy at this years Harrow , can he finally finish a Harrow on one of his own bikes. Stay tuned it only 50 ODD days until we find out.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:56:16 AM by HVA61 »

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 09:25:24 AM »

Photo via Silodrome on Instragram

A "Teutonic Terror"...

Tex

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 09:29:10 AM »
As mentioned in an earlier post the Harrow course will be run in the reverse direction to last years. The organisers have done this to try even the field for the Asian machinery entrants. If the event is started from the end and heading back towards the start then the reliability of the Accidentals ( ;D) will be improved given that they seem to start off well but fail later. See, whatever to help out!!

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 09:31:17 AM »

Photo via Silodrome on Instragram

A "Teutonic Terror"...

Tex

Outstanding! Looks like its still running too! The rider smiles because his bike is resting on a river base composed of drowned Jappers and that he will be able to ride his fine Euro steed onwards whenever he wants to!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:33:07 AM by Canam370 »

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 06:13:11 PM »
VERi (vintage enduro riders incorporated) are pleased to announce the running of the 8th annual Harrow 100 which will be taking place on the weekend of July 25th and 26th of this year. VERi organizers are happy to welcome Yamaha Australia to the event and Yamaha will be making available the latest demo motorcycles and quads for test rides.

A number of sponsors from previous years events are also returning .

This year will also include a vintage tractor display with machines and weather permitting maybe a tractor pull contest.

As we get closer to the event we will advise where the Yamaha test riding will be held , but having said that it will be close to the park ferme and “no” you will not be able to ride the Harrow 100 course on the test bikes or in the test buggy.

The Harrow 100 is open to all registered pre 85 enduro and trail bikes. UVP unregistered vehicle permits will be available and rec rego for suitable bike is acceptable for this event. VERi  as usual is aiming to recreate what it was like to ride in an enduro in the 70’s and 80's and it must be stressed that this is not a competition or race but an organized trail ride where you will get to see some of the most spectacular country side the Grampians has to offer.

The course is approximately 100 Km’s  long with participants, some well into their seventies, usually completing one lap on Saturday and 2 laps on Sunday. This event would not be possible without the fantastic community support VERi receives every year from the local Harrow Farmers and residents. “Yes Yes yes I hear the cry’s “Shoey said that last year” ,  but it’s very close to 100km’s and includes some new surprises and cool trail sections.

There will be a fuel stop / dump at the half way point

Bikes will be sealed in Parc Ferme over night, riders then have to cold start their mounts within a minute on Sunday morning and as usual there be  a lot of nervous faces and frantic kicking.

This year’s theme is Japanese Vs The rest of the world ie Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki Versus Husqvarna, SWM, KTM, BMW etc. Last years event was won by the Euro’s,  but the Japanese riders disputed the result when one of the euro bikes country of origin was questioned!

If you would like to find out more about this event or even come and join the fun check out verivinduro.com.au or contact Steve Baker, Mobile 0412 287 524 or Shoey , Mobile 0409 810 551

Entry form will be available soon

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 06:27:55 PM by HVA61 »

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2015, 08:49:40 PM »
can I enter the 510 in the tractor pull?? be in with a chance I rekon... ;D

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »
Harrow 100

This will Be my 3rd Harrow and  to me its the Olympics of our sport in Vintage Dirt bike in Australia .

For Me its
the many night in the shed going over the Bike but more about just sitting with a beer or two and just thinking of the Ride ahead .
the 12 hour  Road trip down to Harrow with mates and the  5 Cappuccino and a counter lunch on the way .
to wake up in the morning form that road trip to be in town of  Harrow .
to catch up with the Mate of old and the Mate to be .
the fear that my bike will not start like Chubby Honda XR 250  last year.
the fear I will fall into the River over some strange structure .
To Riding in and over some of the most Beautiful county you will every see on a Dirt Bike in Australia .
to tell and hear  stories at the Pub of the thing that happen on the Loop.
to then  stuive the night at the Harrow Pub.
to challenge my self to do the  laps and get the a Gold or maybe silver or maybe Bronze who cares you had Fun .
to See the Euro bike dominate in 2015 as in 2014  .
and its all the Fun of Harrow that I am addicted to .

There is two thing in life you can not get out of and that is    Death and Taxes ..

and there is Two thing in you Life that you Must Do and That Thing My friend is

Harrow and Ride a Euro Bike ..

so get your self  to Harrow before  Death and Taxes catch up with you..

Now when is the Entry form Out ...

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:42:09 PM by oz555ktm »
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 10:53:39 PM »
For Me its...

Summed it up beautifully mate. I'm sure different people would be able to add different things to that list, but everyone who has ever been to the Harrow Vinduro would be able to relate to most of those points.

Tex