Author Topic: 3 Bridges Vinduro  (Read 6203 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
3 Bridges Vinduro
« on: May 20, 2010, 09:40:43 AM »
Who's going this year, I didn't make it last year but have heard many good reports.
It's coming up quick now, Sunday week it will all be happening
I have sent my entry off, shock horror, I actually got myself organised.
Allthough I do have to fix the gear lever on the KDX yet.
Late Sat. arvo should be acceptable for me to start looking at it shouldn't it ;D

See you there
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Bridges Vinduro
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
Good onya Geoff - be better to see you riding than being the harbringer of doom! Wherever you used to be on the course spectating I could expect some unpleasant terrain-now it can all be a surprise ;D................
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:48:15 PM »
Harbringer of doom  :D

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 09:16:47 PM »
I am going got to put a dc rear guard on and take my rear indicators off just so I dont bust them. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 11:28:37 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

I remember videoing the gully at the Black Duck Vinduro, Doggy Digger rode into a mud hole in front of me, he looked up and said “why didn’t you tell me this was here”. I replied, “That’s why I’m here with the camera”

I was always suspicious of spectators at Enduro’s. When ever you saw people you could expect something unpleasant. Some would try to guide you through bog holes but you could never be sure if they were showing you the good line to help you or the worst line so they could laugh at you getting stuck.

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 12:06:26 PM »
And be on the look out  of photographers ;)   they are no help at all as per Geoff's post. They position themself directly behind of a hazaard   ;D

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 12:11:40 PM »
I have got a good hd helmet cam I will be wearing and making sure to keep it rolling to catch chrashes hopefully not my own ::)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 08:12:18 PM »
I,ll be there,just done the kenda rally on my old IT 250 with no probs so looking forward to sunday.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 07:33:51 PM »
Recent rains did not do us any favours, but this was still a great event with a good turn-out of bikes. The loop was 11km long, and I found it quite a challenge, all good fun though.

A big thank you to the organisers, land owner, and Oakleigh Motorcycle Club.

Tex

Offline Tim37

• C-Grade
  • Its an investment ...had to buy it !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 09:43:32 AM »
The Three Bridges event was a ripper ...proper loop !

The red clay keeps you awake ..but you do need fresh sharp rubber ..Drakey take note ! His Maico 400 rear end was swinging like a saloon bar door in a western .

Great event- only problem was the Police booking some of the boys ? what was the outcome ?

If our bikes were registered all thse hassles would be done away with and we could use our bikes in the bush to stir up a few modern bikes ....

Thanks to everyone involved    - Tim

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 01:04:43 PM »
I wasn't there, but sounds like an over-zealous trail-bike copper, who is going to get his asre kicked.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 07:02:17 PM »
I think they have taken care of the coppers since it was on private property and also MA run it was good fun Tim my pe400 was the same with a brand new rear tyre it is the grunt that makes it go side to side.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 09:15:19 PM »
Another excellent event. Tough and challenging but good fun just the same. It was how I remember Enduro's of the 80's
I didn’t catch the number of entries but it seemed a good turn out.
Congrats to all those that set this event up.
The mud in the pits was a bit intimidating at first, as was the first lap, by the time I sorted out my problems around midday the track had dried out a lot and was much more enjoyable, although the last half still kept you on your toes.
During the usual late Sat. night repairs I stuffed up installing my clutch.
Had to take it apart after the first lap to confirm and fix a simple washer that had slipped out of place.

It was ideal working conditions. ::)
The harbringer of doom only documented his own doom this time

Problem No 1 though was a leaking fuel cap. I had to stop part way in to see what was biting my nuts only to realize it was bloody petrol spewing out of the tank. It was the longest 11 K’s I have ever ridden. Every time civilization came into view I would think my pain would soon be over but then I would find the track wound back into the bush again.
Another Geoff decided to call it quits after one lap, he was cursing not putting new rubber on his XR 500 so he offered me his fuel cap which surprised us both by being a near perfect fit on the KDX. The XR cap was a little bit deeper so pressed up against the tank but it kept the fuel in for me.
While the track was challenging I found it was really enjoyable when I wasn’t in pain.
The little KDX has turned out to be a good buy, a few teething problems to sort out but I really enjoy riding it.

I only heard a little about the police thing and that was that the cops were trespassing. The event was all on private property.

If anyone has a good fuel cap for a KDX 175 or 200 I would be interested.
I have found the cap from my later model 200 C3 fits the 175 but I will need to replace it with something to complete the 200

Next stop, Harrow

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »
Did you have a ride of the 400x Geoff? I didn't stay too long so I could get home a bit earlier a few guys were probably only an hour from home but we were a bit further but did enjoy it while I was there I could have stayed longer but I was a bit stuffed played footy on the saturday so had to leave straight after to stay at a mates so a fair round trip.

It was fairly slippery indeed I have to go through my camera film and pick out good bits to put on youtube good to meet some different guys and still did three laps while I was there so still pretty much an hour and a half of riding. :)

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 10:12:18 PM »
A enjoyable and testing ride. Great exercise - even though I was sitting on the bike I reckon I probably still walked the whole first lap! Riding the Rokon was an inspired choice for me and it was fun to stop on the hills, ask how they was getting along as they slid backwards down the hill and then throttle on from a dead stop and ride up the hill ;D  Juzza liked the Rokon too - he thought it supplied excellent traction for his bike as he negotiated a particularly slippery corner :D Well done to the Oakleigh club and the general comraderie of the participants.....a bit of adversity had everyone interacting and sharing horror stories!

Geoff, you are still the Harbringer of Doom - why do you think it was so wet for the event when we are in a drought? Instead of localised pain you spread it to everyone. Thanks.

;) ;D ;D ;D
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!