Author Topic: UPDATE! No grass track for Viper...Monza next & last round.. UPDATE!  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
Well I survived the Bool, bring on Monza.

Yeah, they announced Sunday, no grass track. Problems with the first being too small & not being able to contact the back up property's owner. That means Monza will be the next & last round. We have spent shitloads of time and money on the track & facilities. Entry is now off Bergs Lane. Heaps of new gutters and drains have been put in to drain as much water as possible off the track. The track has been redesigned. The finish line tabletop is gone, a couple of ski type jumps have been put in around the track. We have put in a 40 gate start, widened the first corner and switched it back making it a "S" set of curves before the Pit tabletop. Up the back you now come around the pine trees onto to a big sweeping lefthander before Powerhill and then coming up to the finish straight you do another switchback.

The track man is a good friend of mine so dont judge the track until I get him to do some mods for us. When she's all dressed & prepped I'll get some pics on the net.

All those who sent money orders would have them back or if you sent cheques you would have got them back or destroyed.

NO ON THE DAY ENTRY   MUST PRE-ENTER   I'll repeat that.   NO ON THE DAY ENTRY   MUST PRE-ENTER  Email it, fax it or post it but just get it in. I'll put the number etc on the entry formASAP. Even if you are in two minds about coming please send in your entry. I'll even let you practice. If you dont like it, I'll give you your money back. If you dont send payment with the entry please bring correct money on the day to make it easier to get you through sign in. Campers welcome. Me & our new Viper convertee Lance will keep you company.

UPDATE!

Rode the track Sunday, 3 in the VMX class, and it was great. You may have heard the step-up is now bigger, it is but it will be made "User friendly" by Oct. As it is now I was clearing it on my 250 with no trouble but didn't have the 125 there but I reckon it would make it so when the mods are done it should be a sinch for most. The new jumps aren't anything to worry about and as I said the finish line tabletop is gone. I really hope as many riders as possible come along because I will do everything to make the track perfect.

Viper666
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:49:18 PM by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
Re: UPDATE! No grass track for Viper...Monza next & last round.. UPDATE!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 09:27:59 AM »

UPDATE!

Rode the track Sunday, 3 in the VMX class, and it was great. You may have heard the step-up is now bigger, it is but it will be made "User friendly" by Oct. As it is now I was clearing it on my 250 with no trouble but didn't have the 125 there but I reckon it would make it so when the mods are done it should be a sinch for most. The new jumps aren't anything to worry about and as I said the finish line tabletop is gone. I really hope as many riders as possible come along because I will do everything to make the track perfect.

Will post some pics after alterations done
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
Neale its a MX track if the wimps dont like it tell em to go home.
I will be there the ribs have healed an I,m hangin for a ride
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline Yamahaha

• B-Grade
  • Melbourne Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:08:52 PM »
The ribs must be a goer Andy, im pretty sure i saw you under a truck today
                                  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
YZ 250 modern, YZ 125G, YZ 125E, IT 400D, IT 175G x 2, YZ 400F CR250re,  2012 yz450fse Service Honda CR500AF.   Viper #73